Still waiting, who do I contact and how?

itismejose

Registered Users (C)
I took my citizenship test in Chicago on December 19, 2007 and passed. I was told it'd be eight weeks before I'd get the oath letter. It's coming up on May, and still I haven't heard a word (we're now past the 120 mark). I know I could apply for an infopass, but that would require me to take a day off of work and travel into Chicago (I live in Indiana), and I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.
As time passes with no word, I'm getting more and more concerned. I found a website where people claim to have been waiting for YEARS for their oath letter!
Just how long can this go on, and does anyone have a contact number where I could actually speak with someone via telephone rather than having to take a day off of work to travel all the way to downtown Chicago?

Try calling (312) 239-5900. Mention that is has been over 120 days from interview and you still haven't heard anything.

That's the number to the Chicago DO. The user should be able to get in touch directly with the IO who interviewed him/her.

Bobsmyth,

Cant itismejose file a 1447b if it is more than 120 days? (incase the efforts to follow up via phone do not bear fruit)?
That may be one option to let him/her know.

Yes , filing a 1447(b) is always an option but one should always try the contacting USCIS first before jumping the gun and suing them.