Still NOT concluded after AOS INTERVIEW

Mike_137

Registered Users (C)
I went with my family to the Phoenix USCIS office yesterday for a scheduled AOS interview. My understanding was that this is it! the end of the road, I-485 approved or denied. I spent a lot of time preparing for the interview.

The interview went real well. Whatever he asked, I was able to answer, and whatever document that was required, I was able to produce (thanks to the countless hours I had spent in getting organized). However, at the end, the officer said that there are still ‘hurdles’ and ‘roadblocks’, as my background/name check (FBI?) has still not concluded. I felt a little confused, as I had understood that the AOS interview is the very end of the road!

Any suggestions on this. I'll appreciate. Any links on this forum that anyone can direct me to. Any ways to expedite this background/name check.

Thanks

Hi
don't loose heart, we were in about same boat as yours, We had our interview last september, took oath, replied all answers in honesty, but the office had not received our previous A file from another state that we lived in 10 years back. We waited 9 months, the file ultimately came in, they didn't find anything derogatory on it and approved us right then.
It's just gonna take little long and I know how hard the wait is.
Good Luck

Welcome to the club my friend.
If it were upto USCIS there would never be an end to the road.
I had my interview in OCTOBER of 2004.
Am still waiting.( god know for how long.....)
MY advise ..Get on with your life.dont stress yourself too much.
It will happen someday. :D

angelic said:
Hi
don't loose heart, we were in about same boat as yours, We had our interview last september, took oath, replied all answers in honesty, but the office had not received our previous A file from another state that we lived in 10 years back.

We waited 9 months, the file ultimately came in, they didn't find anything derogatory on it and approved us right then.
It's just gonna take little long and I know how hard the wait is.
Good Luck

what do you mean by A file not recieved by officer?. If he had your I-485 file that is what needed. did you has other pending file? when you filed I-485 then you got A# and that is your A#. many have second I-485 or other family based petition pending and if they dont write the earlier A3 then they get new A# and that creates problem. I have read in Citizenship threads many get delayed because of multipal A#. Could you explain what was your actual problem regarding Afile