• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Steps from the Port of entry on... Please help!!!

yrisvaca

Registered Users (C)
I am going to travel for the first time to the US under my DV visa, Please someone tell me the process there after.
1. Question at the Port of entry
2. Next interview with USCIS for renovation of Green Card, questions they ask and form you have to fill
3. Do the renewal of the green card come as they say temporary 1 year, then ten years, or you have to go everytime to some office to answer questions and renew it.

Thank you!!!

I am going to travel for the first time to the US under my DV visa, Please someone tell me the process there after.
1. Question at the Port of entry

None, just fingerprinting the index finger

2. Next interview with USCIS for renovation of Green Card, questions they ask and form you have to fill
!!!

No Questions, No forms

3. Do the renewal of the green card come as they say temporary 1 year, then ten years, or you have to go everytime to some office to answer questions and renew it.

Thank you!!!

You get a 1 year endorsement of the green-card stamp on your passport, then are told to wait for the plastic green card (size of a credit card) in the mail. I beleive the card has a 5 yr period, then you renew it again or apply for citizenship...no interviews like people who go thru marriage etc

easy as 1, 2, 3

WOW, Thank you! Another answer

So, once you enter the US, you don´t have to go back to the paperwork you did in the consulate. USCIS doesn´t care much about all the forms you fill up before, they just renew and renew the green card without asquing the same questions over and over again?

well, to renew a card you still have to fill out a form and pay the fee, but there won't be any interviews for it.
Every time you change your address as an LPR, you are required to file form AR-11.
If you are a male between 18 and 26, you must register with Selective service.

That's it. There could be some additional requirements for people from certain countries, but I am sure the consular officer covered all that if needed.