Step by step instructions on filling up N400, name, employer location, traffic ticket and more

Regarding your traffic ticket, my IO told me that traffic tickets do not apply to the citation question. I had listed one traffic fine from an accident I had had 12 years prior on my N-400 form. It was the only moving violation I have ever had. She changed my answer from Yes to No and wrote "Paid ticket" and initialed the edit on the form. Anyway this is how I listed this on the form for the relevant columns asking about the incident and its outcome:

Cited: Traffic ticket
Traffic fine (~$85) paid

Thanks JPPBoston, that's helpful.

I will end up using something similar. I had a second ticket for which I have received a printout (seems like a screenprint with details of payment and ticket) with court seal on it. It simply says "Dismissed" in under the Finding section and the fine was say $40.

The violation code is 39:3-29

It apparently has something to do with driver being unable to produce car registration, insurance card or driver's license in NJ. I don't remember what was it that I couldn't produce but later went to the court and must have showed the required documents and was
asked to pay the court fee and "ticket" was dismissed. I didn't pay $150 but instead paid $40 which is what court asked me to.

"Any person violating this section shall be subject to a fine of $150, of which $25 shall be deposited in the Uninsured Motorist Prevention Fund established by section 2 of P.L.1983, c.141 (C.39:6B-3)."

Wondering how should I word that. Should it be "Cited: Traffic Ticket" Paid $40 for court processing fee, ticket dismissed?

Regarding "Other Names Used" - Pat 1: Question C on form N-400:

Most seems to suggest that all variations should be entered.

I would love to hear from fellow members here who may have been in similar situation and how they handled this questions. I would think this could happen fairly commonly with names that have middle initial or middle name.

Last edited by a moderator: