Stay in US after H1B approved

Thanks ! But that would be a big problem for since My OPT expires in March .Suppose I get approved in April and I have only till may to stay in Us with 60 days grace period.If they release the annoucement in July ... :rolleyes: I going nuts ..Pleaseeeeeeeee give a nice and easy solutions. :confused: :confused:

Thanks

There is no option other than having other status. Easy one is transferring to other school..
I wonder why you want to stay in the US so badly. You can not work after OPT expires anyway. I personally think it's not bad idea to relax out of the US til H1 start date is comming. :)

saher said:
Thanks ! But that would be a big problem for since My OPT expires in March .Suppose I get approved in April and I have only till may to stay in Us with 60 days grace period.If they release the annoucement in July ... :rolleyes: I going nuts ..Pleaseeeeeeeee give a nice and easy solutions. :confused: :confused:

Thanks

waiting for announcement in July is like waiting for Lottery.. it may come out or it may not... and since you OPT is expired on March.. even your H1 got approved on April.. your COS will be denied.. It will be denied if you have NO legal status until October...
So you need to go back to your country anyway.. so if you really don't want to stay here... you'll need to get new I20 before you apply for H1.. and need to stay in school / maintain I20 status till oct... correct me if I'm wrong anyone?

The reason why I want to stay in the US is because I'm worried that consulate at my country will not issue / deny my visa to come back here...

As long as your petition is pending, you should be considered in authorized stay. You can even stay past grace period if you have pending petition. If you do not file with premium processing, it may take long which is good for you, but only problem is if COS is denied which is likely to happen if CIS considers you do not have status on 10/1, you have to travel and get H1 stamp.

PLease confirm with lawyer for authorized stay based on pending petition.

Last edited by a moderator:
d1jey1 said:
waiting for announcement in July is like waiting for Lottery.. it may come out or it may not... and since you OPT is expired on March.. even your H1 got approved on April.. your COS will be denied.. It will be denied if you have NO legal status until October...
So you need to go back to your country anyway.. so if you really don't want to stay here... you'll need to get new I20 before you apply for H1.. and need to stay in school / maintain I20 status till oct... correct me if I'm wrong anyone?

The reason why I want to stay in the US is because I'm worried that consulate at my country will not issue / deny my visa to come back here...

Here is one thing I can think of to work around. You file H1 (w/ or w/o COS, but COS may be denied if you do not have status on H1 start date) and get approved. In the meantime, you get I20. Once you get I20 and H1 approved, you file COS. This should go through if you have I20 valid on H1 start date.
Please ask lawyer for this option.

Will my COS be approved ?

I was on OPt till March 29 and I recently got an Kaplan I20 valid till September 20 2006. I would be applying for H1B in Premium Processing. I would like to know whether i would be Have any problem in getting COS approved ? Should I be filling my H1B in Premium Process or should I file it in Normal. Please advice...I need advice on this...

Thanks a Million in Advance
-Saher

Willl my COS be approved?

Hi,
Am in the same dilemma. My OPT expires in July but am yet to get any sponsorship. Am a MSc degree holder in the sciences. Could you please tell me about the kaplan course you are taking and how to get intouch with them. I went to their website but couldn't get any relevant information about them issuing I20. That will help me extend my status whilst I look for sposnsorship. After taking the kaplan course, do they also issue I20? Please elaborate. thanks in advance.

GOtPR and all other GURUS

I have this question for you guys .Please help me out ...

Suppose if I get approved for H1B wiht Approved COS , would i have to still continue on F1 till October 1st?
The reason is that I joined Kaplan and they want me to spend 22hrs.week in theri facility .This is kiiling me .Can i just get rid of that..Please Advice..

Thanks is advance for being such great advisor

saher said:
GOtPR and all other GURUS

I have this question for you guys .Please help me out ...

Suppose if I get approved for H1B wiht Approved COS , would i have to still continue on F1 till October 1st?
The reason is that I joined Kaplan and they want me to spend 22hrs.week in theri facility .This is kiiling me .Can i just get rid of that..Please Advice..

Thanks is advance for being such great advisor
YOur new status comes into effect upon the date stated on I94.
Til then , you should maintain current status and you need to satisfy requirement of that status if you want to stay in the US.

saher said:
I was on OPt till March 29 and I recently got an Kaplan I20 valid till September 20 2006. I would be applying for H1B in Premium Processing. I would like to know whether i would be Have any problem in getting COS approved ? Should I be filling my H1B in Premium Process or should I file it in Normal. Please advice...I need advice on this...

Thanks a Million in Advance
-Saher

One who has new H1 stamp can enter the US 10 days before start date. This means one can stay as H1 from 9/20(can not work for this 10 days, though). So, it makes sense if I94 with COS has validity from 9/20, but I 'm not sure what date CIS put on I94 in COS case. I guess there are a lot of people done COS with start date on 10/1, and hope these people checks their I94 and responds.

Can people who got the COS Approved when they applied for their H1B let us know what was the date they had on the I94. Your help would be really appreciated.

Thanks