Starting a LLC in California - Suggestions?

Idlebrain

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
I am planning to form an LLC in California State. I would like your opinions on this. I came across this following message when I was browsing thru the following site https://www.corporate.com/doIncOrderStart.do

In there it says
You have selected to form a California Limited Liability Company (LLC). If your profession requires a business license such as Contractors, Teachers, Real Estate, Barbers, Physicians & Surgeons, the Secretary of State's Office may not accept these documents. Please visit www.ebizcenter.ca.gov/proflic.html to view California professional licensing requirements. If you have additional questions please call 1-800-315-9420 or take advantage of our free incorporation workshop.

I am actually planning to form a software consulting firm, and I am planning to hire some employees as soon as the company is registered. The above statement from that site says that I need a business license in order to hire some consultants.

Someone please explain me what does it mean and also please suggest me on opening a company in CA?

Thanks
Idlebrain

JoeF said:
That depends...
In general, a company does not need a city business license. If the company does something that affects the city, e.g., attracting traffic to the business, then it would need a license. As a sole proprietor writing software under contract, for example, I don't need a city license.

If you are taking a contract as a firm from City or county, you have to show license with SIC code.

Through business licenses only most of the city collects its tax revenues.

Absolutely wrong, Any business has to take city license. If they don't do that, they are violating law and liable to all due taxes with additional penalty + time behind bar. There is no excuse. This is business ABC, if you don't know it, talk with CPA. and stop advicing BS to others.