Starting a consulting business

Business related to Graphis & Media

Hi,

I\'ve been thinking of starting own business in the field of digital editing and media conversion; like converting marriage VHS tape to DVD. What are the things I need to be aware of and how to go about doing this, since I\'m on H1b.

Thanks
Mohan

Canadian citizen working on H1 can buy a business

I am Canadian citizen , working on H1 I am buy an resturent . Please Help me if any one know about the any rule that say Canadian citizen , working on H1 can buy a business in US A.
Thanks

Please Help me too

I am Canadian citizen , working on H1 I am buy an resturent . Please Help me if any one know about the any rule that say Canadian citizen , working on H1 can buy a business in US A.
Thanks

C corp with a GC holder.

I have started a C corp with a GC holder, In this corp, I believe I can transfer my H1. My question is as this is a new corp, there are no previous business records. WE are financially not good. We would be, once I am into consulting thru this company. For which I need the H1 transfer. How do I go about doing the transfer as we need to show that the company can pay me salaries. I have a client but need to have this H1 before I can sign up a contract with them. Is there a way to get H1 or should I concentrate in doing a thrid party placement and generate business. And then after a year or so do the transfer.
Can I also file a GC. Need the best advices.Capital is problem as of now.

Opened an S-corp while I was on H-1 B, now received EAD

Hi folks,
I have registered my own company last yr while I was on H-1 B.
Right now I have received EAD and given my FPs...waiting for
AOS Approval (RD is OCT 2001). The company has zero employees and it generates $0 revenue, basically no activity.
I work for some xxx company.

But I was just wondering if that becomes a problem for my AOS
Approval. If someone had the similar situation and got their GC approved please reply.

Thanks much

Company for my parents

Hi,
My parents woud like to settle down and start business here, what woudl they require? and do you think it is at all possible for them to start or apply for a business in US, with as little as $100,000?

Is there any other way they can come here ans start their own busniess, legally without falling into an over stayed visit visa, and no status as most people do.

I am in process of obtaining a GC, did not get it yet, can I help them in anyway?

Please please advise.

try L1

There is a way. talk to a lawyer, I think its B2 visitor visa coversion to L1 after buying a small business.

Open a small business

I´m from Brazil. I and two friends, we want to open a small business in US. I already have the B1 tourist visa and I already was 5 times in US. My two frieds, one of them already was 2 times in US.
It´s possible to us to open a business in US ?

I heard that maybe I have to open this company with someone that hold a GC, that´s true ?

What we have to do to begin this process ? I need to go to US first ?
We have around US$ 120.000,00 to use, and our business is very attractive, it´s about decoration.

My e-mail is ivan@tudosc.com.br

Starting business by changing the status from F-1 to ???

I am a graduate student currently on F-1. I would like to start up a business in partnership with my brother (who is already a citizen of the US). Can anybody please help what visas should I be applying for and how this transition should be done.

Thanks,

Jignesh (bj93273@binghamton.edu)

h1-b

he has to work for the bussiness to get h1-b?? cannot become partner till get gc through the business?? does the employment have to be in his feild of work/education ??

Answers

he has to work for the bussiness to get h1-b?? - Yes, an H-1 is a work related visa. No employment=no H-1

cannot become partner till get gc through the business??

He can be a partner as an H-1 holder but this will make a GC more difficult.

does the employment have to be in his feild of work/education ??

Yes

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
http://www.geocities.com/jamesdmillsesq/

New business issues with H1B

1. Can I be an investor in a business \'ABC\' while on a H1B for a company \'XYZ\'? I will not get salary from the business only share of profits.

2. Is it an issue if ABC and XYZ are in totally unrelated fields?

3. Can the biusiness be a S corp or does it have to be a C corp?

4. On a H1B am I considered a \'Legal Resident Alien\' in the US? or what does a \'non-resident alien\' mean?

Re: New business issues with H1B

1. I think you can invest in any company and get share or profits as long as that should be not only (primary) income. in short you can get share or profit as long as it\'s not on w2 form from company \'ABC\'.

2. It\'s shouldn\'t be issue.

3. no- idea

4. NO.
    H1B = \'non-resident alien\' (all legal non immigrant visa)
    GC = Legal Resident Alien\' (netralised aline)
    After became citizen you won\'t call as Alien yourself any more.

I hope it will help you.

JB