Stamping Question .... Urgent

RAMLAW

Those of you who recently got the approval notice, is there a timeframe for getting it stamped on the passport ?

I do not get a straight forward answer from the BCIS representative.

No, nothing according to INS. I went for stamping after 80 days, because I was out of US. But I would advice you to do it within 90 days.

Thanks and Good Luck.

I don't think stamping is mandatory. Its a stop-gap arrangement until you get your plastic card. If you already received your cards, then you don't need the stamp at all.

Any comments?

Bob

My apologies for posting an incorrect statement. I understand now that, visiting the local BCIS office to sign the document and provide a finger print is all part of one's align registration process.

Bob

Thanks ... gcslowgoer

Was there any questions while re-entering the country. My wife is in India for the next two months.. Wanted to know the legal implications if her I485 is approved during her stay in India.. Her ND is 12/17/2001.. Beleive Vermont is processing applications files during that time-frame.

Thanks . . . Ramlaw

We were having a valid H1/H4, and we had no problem. I think entering with a AP will also not be a problem either. Only thing, avoid talking about approval.

Thanks

My understanding is, anyone can re-enter US using a valid AP, irrespective of I-485 status whether approved in your absence or in process.

Bob

you can not enter US on H1/H4 after approval

As soon as you are approved for GC, your H1/H4 cease to be valid - you can not use it for reentry- you must enter using AP

However, practically, IIO rarely checks for approval at the point of entry and you would be able enter w/o much harrasment.

gcslowgoer wrote:
I think entering with a AP will also not be a problem either. Only thing, avoid talking about approval.

Just a small note - AP probably has the A# on it. The immigration official can (and most probably will) look up the status based on the A# on the monitor with green characters (even DMV has the facility for doing this).