Stamping in Canada, pls help!

Nat

I made an appointment for my visa re-spamping in Canada. I currently have an H1B stamp that expired in July (I also got it from a Canadian border point), and my status is valid for 3 more years (just got an extension).

A few questions:
1. Has anyone gotten a visa to go to Canada for stamping with an expired US visa recently? What do you need to get to do so, so you need your appointment letter?

2. Has anyone been inthe same situation recently? Please share. I am very antsy about the whole ordeal...

U should not face any problems

Just take documentation (LCA, I129, Employer letter etc.) as if this is a new Visa stamping alongwith appt. letter.

how soon to get an apointment

Hi
could you tell me how soon you got your apointment? I am planning to get my wife her h4 visa in toronto and I want to know when she will expect the interview.
Thanks

Hi,

I'm currently working for a company in UK, whose headquarters are in the USA. My company has filed for my H1B visa. I'm a citizen of India. Can I get my H1B stamped in the UK or do I have to get it stamped in India to enter the USA? Please reply at the earliest.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm currently working for a company in UK, whose headquarters are in the USA. My company has filed for my H1B visa. I'm a citizen of India. Can I get my H1B stamped in the UK or do I have to get it stamped in India to enter the USA? Please reply at the earliest.

Thanks

U can try with UK consulate

If you have some UK experience or degree , UK consulate should give your h1 stamp without any problem. Third Country Nationals might need an appointment.
If visa stamping is refused you can always travel to India and get the stamp.
Search the web for the UK consulate or go to the consulate and find out about appointments.

is there a risk in going to Canada

Hi,
It was my understanding that stamping of H1 in any consulate outside of your native country was frowned upon. Supposedly, Indians who live in the USA and travel to Mexico/Canada for stamping are having problems post-Sept 11. Does anybody have any information on this or know anybody who successfully got it done? I'd appreciate any perspective you can give me because I would really like to go to Canada for the stamping but am getting cold feet. Thanks,

Yr understanding is wrong...

There are no new provisions for rejection of visa stamping in canada/mexico that were not there before.

For a f1 to h1 it should not be an issue. Most of the h4 to h1s have been denied in canada. Per April memo, if visa stamping is refused, you cannot get back into US without getting the stamp - possibly from home country.

Please, post your question once -preferably in a new thread.

Stamping in Canada recap

I have received a new stamp in Montreal past week. I have to agree with everything Jaxen ever said: get an appointment in advance, bring your appointment letter to the Canadian embassy to get a visa if needed (you will also be asked to demonstrate that you have enough money to go to your home country if your visa is refused --- so please find out what this cost wold be and plan accordingly). I drove so I am not sure how it works in airports, but I wasn't asked to surrender my I-94, so I had it on me. On the day of my appointment, I arrived to the counsulate 30 minutes in advance and it was all over within an hour (had to come back at 3 pm to pick up my passport -- be aware of the lines if you are planning to leave the same night). During my interview, I was asked to show my old passport (the one that expired) so that they could see al my previous visas (FYI, I was getting an H1-H1 stapm but I was previously in F1 and later J1 status).

Other people getting their H1s with me also got theirs. They all got theri degrees in the U.S. or Canada though...

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.