Stamping experience

cider_or

Registered Users (C)
Hi y'all, just wanted to share the stamping experience today.
I left home at 5 am, got at the S.A office at 8 am, i was in line at 8:15 am. was given a ticket at 8:25 (as you see it was fast). then i had to sit for 45 minutes to see IO. i gave him my EAD, DL and my expired I-94. he took my FP he told me to sit and wait for clearance (another 45 minutes). he called me up and gave me the card with my picture and stamp on it saying "processed for I-551 temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence valid until 07-18-2005"
the card bear acronyms

POE: port of entry
COA: AS6: i have no idea what it is
DOE: no idea but it has the date of my I-485 approval backdated one year.

good luck to you all and now i 'll wait for the plastic card to arrive. i will post it here once i get it.

Bye

Congratulations Cider_or .You are free like a bird on the tree : :) :) :) :)

Whe was your ND and your final finger print date.

Thanks
Gebre

I sure will Lazerthegreat and thanks again guys.
Gebre, my ND is 12-06-1999 and did my FP 08-15-2003.

Congrats Cider_Or! I had a similar experience in June after a 5 year wait. I was wondering, though, did they enter your country of citizenship in field #4? They wrote "stateless" in mine (although my asylum approval I-94 stated that I am still a citizen of my former country). Does anyone know if "stateless" will also appear on the plastic GC?

Thanks
7/10

in mine it mention the name of my country, under the passport number they entered my Alien number.
Are the green card processed in Nebraska for everybody or they are processed in certain locations? the officer told me it will take 1 year for me to get it.

thanks

Congrat cider, it is all over. to some they mail GC, and to some they give white card with picture as temp GC, I know someone who went through same procedure, they mail him plastic in 6 months time.

cider_or said:
I left home at 5 am, got at the S.A office at 8 am, i was in line at 8:15 am. was given a ticket at 8:25 (as you see it was fast). then i had to sit for 45 minutes to see IO. i gave him my EAD, DL and my expired I-94. he took my FP he told me to sit and wait for clearance (another 45 minutes). he called me up and gave me the card with my picture and stamp on it saying "processed for I-551 temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence valid until 07-18-2005"
the card bear acronyms

good luck to you all and now i 'll wait for the plastic card to arrive. i will post it here once i get it.

Bye
Congrats cider, enjoy your freedom. I think you meant DOA which means date of adjustment. Expect your plastic card within 6 month. i got mine after 6 months. Good luck

Thanks Cider_or. I was really ticked off by the "stateless" entry - yet another "up to the officer", undefined kind of thing. (I hoped that, besides the AS6 note, my GC would have minimal reference to the former status.) I have no idea where the plastic GCs get processed for former asylees. The officer jsut told me to call the Cust. Service # if it's been longer than 1 yr. Good luck to you!

sevenTenths said:
Congrats Cider_Or! I had a similar experience in June after a 5 year wait. I was wondering, though, did they enter your country of citizenship in field #4? They wrote "stateless" in mine (although my asylum approval I-94 stated that I am still a citizen of my former country). Does anyone know if "stateless" will also appear on the plastic GC?

Thanks
7/10
No, your country of birth will be written. I appreciate your sense of pride but be careful. This may be the only thing the custom jerks see when you come back from abroad and they may give you hard time if you belong to the "evil countries as defined by Dubya" :)

shamshon said:
No, your country of birth will be written. I appreciate your sense of pride but be careful. This may be the only thing the custom jerks see when you come back from abroad and they may give you hard time if you belong to the "evil countries as defined by Dubya" :)

Thanks shamshon, but it's really got nothing to do with pride :) . I really hope you're right about the plastic GC - I'll just wait & see (we're not on the 'evil' list at the moment :D ). You see, I've been contemplating travel with my former country's passport, as they are now willing to issue me one (I applied for asylum many years ago when things over there were quite different). Since my temp GC states that I am "stateless", it will definitely attract attention of the POE officer should I use my former country's passport. Needless to say, I've decided not to do that and I'll be waiting for the RTD. (applied in Jan.). Thanks again!

sevenTenths said:
Thanks shamshon, but it's really got nothing to do with pride :) . I really hope you're right about the plastic GC - I'll just wait & see (we're not on the 'evil' list at the moment :D ). You see, I've been contemplating travel with my former country's passport, as they are now willing to issue me one (I applied for asylum many years ago when things over there were quite different). Since my temp GC states that I am "stateless", it will definitely attract attention of the POE officer should I use my former country's passport. Needless to say, I've decided not to do that and I'll be waiting for the RTD. (applied in Jan.). Thanks again!
That is a different issue. Please refer to other threads that talked about the prospects of renewing your country passport. The bottom line of this issue is: it is risky to do that. So, read carefully what has been written in this issue before deciding to renew your passport.

cider_or said:
the card bear acronyms

Bye

Congrats Cider! Thanks for sharing.