Stamping experience in CHICAGO

I got approved on July 30th. I will be going for stamping at Chicago office, once I receive the notice.
Just wondering, if I need to make an appointment, or I can just walk in.

Is there a good day in a week to go there to avoid long waiting lines. How about time, if I go late say around noon......

AliMahmood said:
I got approved on July 30th. I will be going for stamping at Chicago office, once I receive the notice.
Just wondering, if I need to make an appointment, or I can just walk in.

Is there a good day in a week to go there to avoid long waiting lines. How about time, if I go late say around noon......

Q1: if I need to make an appointment, or I can just walk in.
A1: No, Just walk in.

Q2: Is there a good day in a week to go there to avoid long waiting lines. How about time, if I go late say around noon.....

A2: It is better not to go on Monday. I would rather go in the early morning. :D

Good luck! :)

I went to Chicago office today (08/11) for stamping at around 0100. There were around 20 token number ahead of me. Had to wait 1.5 hr, and then it was just a two min process. No questions asked...

Necessary documents

Hi AliMahmood,

Congratulations for your stamping.

I got approval yesterday. Planning to go for stamping next week. What are the documents should we hand over to USCIS?

I have all my docs, except my recent EAD. I misplaced it somewhere. What should I tell them? Anyone please advice.

It is urgent!! Thanks in advance!!!

svga

svga said:
Hi AliMahmood,

I got approval yesterday. Planning to go for stamping next week. What are the documents should we hand over to USCIS?

I have all my docs, except my recent EAD. I misplaced it somewhere. What should I tell them? Anyone please advice.

svga

You need to bring your
1. passport
2. Driver license
3. Approval Notice
4. Provious AP and EAD.

They never check if you have all the EAD and AP. Don't worry so much if you lost one EAD.

My stamping was cool. Went on 8/4. Went at 9:45 , was done by 10:30.
Took all EADs, APs, and a I-94.

Very nice experience..

svga said:
Hi AliMahmood,

svga

Tell the same thing that it is misplaced. They are not that much sereous about those documents. At the most they may tell you to mail them when ever you find.
They are more concerned about:
Approval letter
I-94's
Passport and Driver ID
They check if there is the name and date of birth is same
More over they are not asking to being EAD or Advance parole documents
Good luck
ARB

Stamping rules have been changed!

Hi Pals!

Yesterday I went for stamping with the family.

We got our tickets after lunch hours! We were called in 20 minutes. :)
There was no rush at all!

We gave all the papers what we had. Since I misplaced my current EAD, I was worried. But the officer did not ask about it at all. Whatever papers we had, especially, I-94, the APs, and older EADs, we submitted.

What they are looking for is, I-94, APs, EADs, 2 passport size photographs (as per new instruction) and approval notice. That is all. It took about 45 minutes for us to get it done for three of us! It was really a nice experience.

Also, I thought of throwing some updated info here…

The rules have been changed as of 8/31/2004. It is not walk-in stamping anymore!! :(
We need to get an appointment thru their online system, called INFO PASS. When you sign up and give your information, you will be given up with the next available date. Right now, the waiting time is about 15 days.

It is better to get the appointment online as soon as you receive the approval notice.

Thanks for everyone who shared their thoughts and experience before!!.

Good Luck Pals!

Last edited by a moderator:
honeyhappy said:
Are we supposed to take kid (~7years of age) with you when one goes for stamping?
Yes, you can take the kids. In fact, I recommend that you take the kids. Makes the process go smoother and friendlier :)

How can I access the INFO PASS? Is it on the web? Is it a 1-800 number? I'd like to get an appointment ASAP. Thank you.

Thanks! I tried it for Chicago District, first time I tried to make an appointment, it got that message that there was no available yet, then I tried it again after few seconds, and I was able to get the only available time. Somebody might have cancelled their appointment, and I was on the right time. I think they only do appointments for the next two weeks.

AM021402 said:
Thanks! I tried it for Chicago District, first time I tried to make an appointment, it got that message that there was no available yet, then I tried it again after few seconds, and I was able to get the only available time. Somebody might have cancelled their appointment, and I was on the right time. I think they only do appointments for the next two weeks.

:)

Good Luck!

Have a good weekend! :p

Appointments

Do we need separate appointments for each member of the family or is one appointment enough for everyone in the family?

You have to get one appt. for the whole family. It is better to get for the person whose is the primary applicant.

You have to take kids with you, since finger print has to be done even for them. My son is 6 and they took the finger print and signature, since he is able to write down his name.

honeyhappy said:
Are we supposed to take kid (~7years of age) with you when one goes for stamping?

Yes. You have to take kid(s) with you, since they also have to give the finger prints. If they are older enough to sign(or write) their names on the form, they need to do that also.

Scheduled to have passport stamped on 9/20. Is that enough to bring to docs below:
I-94 from day 1. I was on B1 - F1 and then switched to H1B. Do you just need to bring the forms for H1B?

EAD

No AP because I never applied one.

Passport

New ADIT photos.

Please advise.