Stamping experience at San Jose Service center 8/16/04

Sorry can't answer that one about appointment since I only know what my lawyer told me. You might want to call and find out.

With regards to photos, I guess it doesn't matter since Costco, takes digital images and prints them on photo paper in the first place. So as long as you do as competent a job, you shouldn't have a problem.

Congratulations...

After a very long time visited the board and happy to see your approval/stamping. My hearty congratulations to you..

With very best wishes
PCee

140_takes_4ever said:
9. The stamp is definitely very anti-climatic, can't believe we have spent years waiting for this little unimpressive stamp. I am hoping the card will make up for it, but I doubt that.

It won't be better than your drivers license. Believe me.

For me, only interesting thing to mention is that there are all the presidents faces in microscopic size on the thick magnetic stip (at the back of card). It only helped me to know all the presidents - in chronological order.

I went to the SJC Montery road csc at 6.30 in the morning. Was about 100 th in the line. Saw flag hoisting at 6.45. Was in by 8.30. Got stamping done by 11.45.

Man, it was damn slow. The guard told that the speedy officer was off today and thats the reason why things were slow. He also told that starting Monday (8/23) they are going to be taking apointments for this. And hence, my sincere advice is: Dont go without an apointment if you dont want to waste time.

And yes.I just needed my latest AP and EAD. The complete set of things you would need is

1) passport
2) I-94 that was stapled to your passport
3) Your approval notice (courtesy copy is fine; thats what I took)
4) Latest EAD (if you have gotten one)
5) Latest AP (if you have gotten one)
6) Ofcourse 2 photos (new style)

Thats it and good luck.

(It feels good once the stamping got over)

Last edited by a moderator:
PCee said:
After a very long time visited the board and happy to see your approval/stamping. My hearty congratulations to you..
Many thanks PCee, not that I did anything to deserve it other than wait in queue. It is good to see your face around here, it has been a very long time since you came around.

Went to SJC CIS office @05:30AM & was out around 10:00AM.
The officer asked for what jumbojumbo posted, gave him all the docs. & was stamped without a problem.
I was worried as my online status shows RFE even now.

Thanks again 140_takes_4ever for your advice.