Stamping experience at Los Angeles

dori said:
Hi All,

Our 485's got approved from Vermont service center few days back and yet to receive approval notices. We moved to LA area (actually La Palma near Cerritos) from Iowa few months back and have not changed drivers license yet. Is it going to be a problem when we go for pp stamping. Please post your opinion.

Thanks for your help.

This may not cause a problem for stamping of passport. But you may want to get a CA DL. Under CA DMV guidelines, a new CA resident should obtain a CA DL within 10 days. See the following message from CA DMV on dmv website.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Can I wait until my out of state driver license expires before applying for a California Driver License?

Driver License Information for New Residents

When you make your home here or take a job, you must get a California driver license within 10 days.

Evidence of residency is established by any of the following: voting in California elections; paying resident tuition at a public institution of higher education; filing for a homeowner's property tax exemption; obtaining a license; or any other privilege or benefit not ordinarily extended to nonresidents.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

dori said:
Hi Al2,

Thank you for your reply. But do they specifically ask for CA driver's license.
The only time when the officials asked me for an ID was when I entered the building they did not asked me specifically for the California Driver license they just asked for an official ID with my picture.

Hi Al2,

Yes, we did go for pp stamping at Santa Ana office without any problem on 11/12/2004 morning around 9:00 AM . Sorry for late reply. We were done in just 40 mins. They have not asked for DL. The lady officer told me that it may take up to 6 months to receive plastic cards. So far our LUD's have not changed yet. I will update you again if there any changes.

Thanks,

dori said:
Hi Al2,

Yes, we did go for pp stamping at Santa Ana office without any problem on 11/12/2004 morning around 9:00 AM . Sorry for late reply. We were done in just 40 mins. They have not asked for DL. The lady officer told me that it may take up to 6 months to receive plastic cards. So far our LUD's have not changed yet. I will update you again if there any changes.

Thanks,
Good, enjoy your life.