Stamping experience at Los Angeles

Al2

Registered Users (C)
Today I went to get my passport stamped. I had a 6:15 appointment. The security guard let us in about 6:05. He chek my infoppass information.the rest of the expericence went like others have postted in this portal. Got on line, got ticket, waited about 20 minutes until IIO call my number, went to the cubicle, he asked me for pictures, notice, I-94, identification, passports, and work permit. After this he asked me to seat again and wait to be call. about 20 minutes later he call my number then I signed a document, and he took my fingerprint. afterwards he congratulate me, gave me my passport and I left the building by 7:05.

I just have a question for LA stamppers. The IIO told me that my card could take upto 14 months. Does anybody got their cards earlier than this? thank you for your help and information.

Last edited by a moderator:
question on fingerprint

hi there,
had a question for you on the fingerprint. I have my appt for stamping as well soon and was wondering which finger they take for prints - i have a cut on my thumb - is it the thumb or the index finger?
thanks

greencardwait02 said:
hi there,
had a question for you on the fingerprint. I have my appt for stamping as well soon and was wondering which finger they take for prints - i have a cut on my thumb - is it the thumb or the index finger?
thanks

You should be fine, they always take index finger, I have never heard from anyone saying they take thumb impressions for the US Immigration process. If anyone thinks I am not correct, please enlighten.

greencardwait02 said:
hi there,
thanks
Yes, as golumolu said, the only finger that is printed is the right index, so you are ok. good luck.

my 485 application got approved and now i will have to stamp my passport in Los Angeles.
I have couple of questions.
1. Do we have to go to district office? or ASC?
2. Which option do I have to select in INFOPASS? There is no option for I-89/Passport stamping.

Thanks

It does look like earlier in the day appointments are better. In my case I had a 1 pm appointment and I was not called in until after 4pm. There were approximately atleast 150 people before my token number when I got there a little before 1pm.

While the actual stamping took only 10-15min, the wait was too much esp considering that I had to take an appointment and wait 2 weeks before going. And then ofcourse the 200 mile journey home battling evening traffic out of LA.

Bottom line: I don't think Info Pass is all that efficient or useful for users if one has to wait 3 hrs beyond appointment time!

i140wait2002 said:
my 485 application got approved and now i will have to stamp my passport in Los Angeles.
I have couple of questions.
1. Do we have to go to district office? or ASC?
2. Which option do I have to select in INFOPASS? There is no option for I-89/Passport stamping.

Thanks

My approval notice said to go to:
Los Angeles District Office
300 North Los Angeles Street, Room 1001
Los Angeles, CA 90012

Select the option to speak to an information officer. I think is the last option

spirit said:
It does look like earlier in the day appointments are better. In my case I had a 1 pm appointment and I was not called in until after 4pm. There were approximately atleast 150 people before my token number when I got there a little before 1pm.

While the actual stamping took only 10-15min, the wait was too much esp considering that I had to take an appointment and wait 2 weeks before going. And then ofcourse the 200 mile journey home battling evening traffic out of LA.

Bottom line: I don't think Info Pass is all that efficient or useful for users if one has to wait 3 hrs beyond appointment time!

I think infopass is more effective if you go early to do your business.
you can beat the traffic, get fresh IIO's, and have time to get a missing document if you need to.So, my advise is to get the 6:15 appointment if possible.

Al2 said:
I think infopass is more effective if you go early to do your business.
you can beat the traffic, get fresh IIO's, and have time to get a missing document if you need to.So, my advise is to get the 6:15 appointment if possible.

Not for me as I live more than 200 miles away :)

But your are right that atleast with the 6:15 apt there are is no one already waiting from earlier appointment times as this is the first appointment time of the day. Unless of course they let people from previous day wait!

I wonder what happened to afternoon appointments as 1pm people were processed after 4pm ?

Got Stamp today at Los Angeles Office

I went to LA office for Stamping today.
My appt. was for July 6th @ 2:30pm.

Got there at 2:15.
There were about 12 numbers ahead of me.

Was called at 2:40.
Got out of there at 3:00.

The officer told me that I would get my card
in 4-5 months.

Experience at Los angeles office

Went today for a 1:30 appt through infopass. Got there at 1:15 just a couple of minutes before they let us in. About 10 people ahead of me. Got the stamp and was out of there by 2:15 so roughly an hour...

my passport stamping experience at LA

We(me and my wife) had a 9.00am appointment. We were asked to stand in a separate queue and sent in like a batch(one was the current appointment people being sent into the building and other one is for the next appointment time). We went sent in at 8.45am. We were called to the counter at 11.00am. IIO told me "Don't hide any documents give all the documents that you have". I gave him all the cards and approval notices, photos, EADs. We were asked to be seated. I forgot to give him the AP approval notices. So, I went back to the counter and gave him the AP approval notices, so that he doesn't think I am hiding something :) IIO asked me "Why are you giving me these documents, send it to them". I told him that I have received these from USCIS, where should I send them. He said "Mail these documents to them". It took a minute to think and then said "OK, give me the documents" and took the AP approval documents. I don't know what he was thinking. I was glad it was all over in 20 minutes. I were given our passports with stamps at 11.20am. IIO was all smiles when giving our passports back and congatuted us on becoming Permanent residents.

Al2 said:
My approval notice said to go to:
Los Angeles District Office
300 North Los Angeles Street, Room 1001
Los Angeles, CA 90012

Select the option to speak to an information officer. I think is the last option

Hi Al2,

What does this room #1001 mean? Do we need to go to that room straight away or do we have to go to their main counter where they assign the token number?

Thanks,

urguest said:
Hi Al2,

What does this room #1001 mean? Do we need to go to that room straight away or do we have to go to their main counter where they assign the token number?

Thanks,
Well about 5:50 in the morning there were two lines. Looking at the building at the front door a longline was going right. This is the line for people with no appointment. To the left almost in front of the building there was a group of people waiting with appointments. It wasn't clear if people was making a line or just waiting. Then a security officer came to us and said that only appointments at 6:15 should form a line going to the left. When he checked the appointment we were directed to a door to the left of the main entrance into the room 1001. Once again our appointment paper was checked then we had to pass a security check. You know like an airport, we had to empty our pockets and pass through a checking machine. Bags and other big objects passed through an x-ray machine. Finally we had to form another line where three officers were issuing tickets according to each of the peoples business. Then you only have to wait in this room until your number is called in an electronic board.

separate line for appointments

urguest,

There is a display sign for Infopass appointments line. as Al2 said, it is the line that is on the left side of the building. There is a separate entrance on the left(around the corner) for people with special needs(wheel chair). Other than that it is pretty straight forward. Parking cost me $13.40 for 2 and half hours which is right across the street. There are no snack vendors on the street, but, there are a few restaurants in the parking lot shopping complex.

you can find a parking for $ 4.00 all the day

Yes $ 4.00 all the day. make a left on temple st. and make immediate right on Alameda st. As soon as u make a turn you will find $4 parking all the day on the left hand side.

On the temple st. itself u can also find a parking for $ 6.50. But u can easily find a parking for $4 on alameda st. its only about 3 to 4 mts walk to INS Office appointment line.

Don't go without infopass appointment.

Reach the office just 15 mts before thats sufficient

Wait time is generally after going inside is 1 hour.