Stamping experience at Los Angeles

did you mean Alameda St??

Dec02 said:
Yes $ 4.00 all the day. make a left on temple st. and make immediate right on arcadia st. As soon as u make a turn you will find $4 parking all the day on the left hand side.

On the temple st. itself u can also find a parking for $ 6.50. But u can easily find a parking for $4 on arcadia st. its only about 3 to 4 mts walk to INS Office appointment line.

Don't go without infopass appointment.

Reach the office just 15 mts before thats sufficient

Wait time is generally after going inside is 1 hour.

I think you meant Alameda St.
I parked there and indeed it is only $4 all day..

WhySoLong

WhySoLong Do you mind giving me directions from San Fernando Valley to L.A. Immigration Office (stamping) THANK YOU! :)

Thank you all for your replies.

I did my stamping today. Not a bad experience overall. It took me 2 hrs in total. Do not go too early as they would not let you in before 15 minutes. Plenty of cheap parking around the building.

WhySoLong / urguest

Can any of you be kind enough to give me directions... I don't want to get lost & be late. THANK YOU!

directions...

Bogs said:
WhySoLong Do you mind giving me directions from San Fernando Valley to L.A. Immigration Office (stamping) THANK YOU! :)

Hi Bogs,
You would be taking freeway 101 right?

- Take 101 South
- Exit Alameda St.
- Make a right on the exit (small street)
- Make a Left on Alameda St.
- Pass Temple St.
- Parking will be on your Left.
- take a walk to Temple St.
- go left on Temple St.
- keep walking till you reach Los Angeles St.
- go right on Los Angeles St.

You are there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my wife did stamping at Los Angeles office.
The direction given by WhySoLong was perfect. I parked in $4 lot.
My appointment time was 6:15 and I reached at 6:05. Immediately stood in line for InfoPass and they let us in at 6:15. I had left my cell phone in car as it had camera. Make sure that you do not carry cell phone with camera.

Once you are inside, take the number from first window and wait until your number is called.

We had to wait 3-5 mins. The lady at the window was nice but disorganized. She took more than 30 mins to complete the fingerprint and forms. Then she rejected the photos (we had done at CVS but it was little bit dark). So she gave us fast pass and we did our photos again inside LA Mall.

With fastpass, you dont have to stand in line and you can directly go to the same counter. She verified the photos and stamped the passport for one year.

Overall it was very easy.
Goodluck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Al2 said:
I just have a question for LA stamppers. The IIO told me that my card could take upto 14 months. Does anybody got their cards earlier than this? thank you for your help and information.

Me and my friend got our stamping done in LA office and then received the physical cards in mail in approx. 4-6 weeks.

sb_desi_gc

Atlast some body tells the time line for getting the card from LA Stamping.
Can you please let us know when you did the stamping.

sb_desi_gc said:
Me and my friend got our stamping done in LA office and then received the physical cards in mail in approx. 4-6 weeks.
That is great. Thank you for your input

update for my case

AD 7/1/04
Set infopass at 1:30 pm on 7/30/04
Parked on the alameda st for $4.
On exact 1:30 pm, we were allowed inside.
wait around 2:30, # called. Submit PP, Approval notice, I-94, 2 photos, that's it.
Wait another 15 minutes to get stamped PP. We were told that cards should arrive in 6-12 monthes.

Stamping experience in LA 7/30/2004.

Got our passports stamped today 7/30/04 in the Los Angeles office.

Got infopass appointment for 8:00am. They let 8:00 group inside at 8:15am. After going through a metal detector, reached counter to get token. Showed infopass appointment and driver's license. We had made two appointments (self + wife), but lady told us just one appointment was needed. She stapled token to my appointment and gave it back to us.

Wait room is large, lots of chairs, restroom, and water available. One security guard came and asked everybody with tokens from #x to #y to follow him to a different room (about 30 people). Our token was #y+1 so we stayed there. In the waiting room there are three large displays like the ones in DMV where you can see you token number being called.

Another hour goes by (now most of the windows are open, and service seems to go quite fast). We get called. IIO asks what she can do for us today. We show I-485 approval notices and she immediately asks for passports, the 2 photos, I-94s and our DLs. She writes DL# on the approval notices and returns DL to us. Then, she starts to fill the I-551 application form. She writes A#, puts the two photos in a small plastic envelope that she staples to this form. She then asks us to sign the form and takes our right index fingerprint. She goes quickly through the passports, finding our I-94s. In our cases, we had our H-1B/H4 approval notices in the passport, so she detaches the I-94s from the notices and returns the notices back to us (she just wants the I-94s).

She tells us to wait about 10-15 minutes....

After the short wait, she calls us back (from where we were sitting, IIO can still see us, so she just calls us without the microphone). She handles us our stamped passports back and tells we can use the stamp to travel outside the US and to work. She says we are all set and the green card should come in about 18 months (!!!!) and that we can come again before our current stamp expires (valid for 1 year) to get another stamp if GC still hasn't arrived.

We leave the building at about 10:00am.

How to make appointment via InfoPass?

Hello,

I just go my I485 approved on July 30, and I want to get my passport stamped ASAP. I live in the City of LA and believe I can use InfoPass to make appointment. But the options I saw on InfoPass don't seem to include Stamping. Is there anything missing here?

I have only received my courtesy copy---haven't gone to my lawyer's office yet. Is there any InfoPass directions in the mailing sent to the lawyer's office?

Thanks a lot.

sunnyla said:
Hello,

I just go my I485 approved on July 30, and I want to get my passport stamped ASAP. I live in the City of LA and believe I can use InfoPass to make appointment. But the options I saw on InfoPass don't seem to include Stamping. Is there anything missing here?

I have only received my courtesy copy---haven't gone to my lawyer's office yet. Is there any InfoPass directions in the mailing sent to the lawyer's office?

Thanks a lot.

You have to check the last option. I beileve that it is to speak with an information officer. the second question I don't understand it. Do you mean if there is in infopass option to get your lawyer to go to stamp your passport? or if the instructions for infopass come with the original approval?

Hi All,

Our 485's got approved from Vermont service center few days back and yet to receive approval notices. We moved to LA area (actually La Palma near Cerritos) from Iowa few months back and have not changed drivers license yet. Is it going to be a problem when we go for pp stamping. Please post your opinion.

Thanks for your help.

dori said:
Hi All,

Our 485's got approved from Vermont service center few days back and yet to receive approval notices. We moved to LA area (actually La Palma near Cerritos) from Iowa few months back and have not changed drivers license yet. Is it going to be a problem when we go for pp stamping. Please post your opinion.

Thanks for your help.
According to the FAQ in the immigration web site you can use other forms of identification besides the diver license. I's sure you can provide one of them, so you should not have any problems

WHAT SHOULD I TAKE TO MY APPOINTMENT?
Bring a print out of the appointment notice. The notice gives the date and time of the appointment, the USCIS office address, and instructions on any additional documents required.
Be prepared to present personal identification, such as a government-issued ID card, passport, valid driver’s license, I-94, Work Authorization Card, or green card (I-551).
Bring any forms, receipts, translations, and original documents related to your inquiry.
You can cancel and reschedule appointments over the Internet using the identification numbers at the bottom of your appointment confirmation notice. If you lose your appointment notice, you may generate a replacement by accessing InfoPass and entering the information requested.

Hi Al2,

Thank you for your reply. But do they specifically ask for CA driver's license.