Stamp in Passport

Mayachagal

Registered Users (C)
Hi... if anyone can answer my question, I would most appreciate it. I was interviewed in July '08. However, the IO did not stamp my passport as my background check was still pending. It got cleared in late July and I got the actual GC in the mail in early Aug '08. Do I need to go to the local office to get my passport stamped or is it sufficient to have the physical GC? Will there be a problem if there is no GC stamp on my passport and I try to come back using the physical GC? I always get a "VIP" treatment at the Immigration everytime I enter US and I don't want anymore "VIP" treatments. Thanks in advance for any advice sent my way.

If you have the physical plastic card, you don't need your passport stamped. Sometimes they don't even ask for you passport at the POE. Most officers don't even stamp your passport any longer at the interview if they believe you card will be mailed out soon.

Hi... if anyone can answer my question, I would most appreciate it. I was interviewed in July '08. However, the IO did not stamp my passport as my background check was still pending. It got cleared in late July and I got the actual GC in the mail in early Aug '08. Do I need to go to the local office to get my passport stamped or is it sufficient to have the physical GC? Will there be a problem if there is no GC stamp on my passport and I try to come back using the physical GC? I always get a "VIP" treatment at the Immigration everytime I enter US and I don't want anymore "VIP" treatments. Thanks in advance for any advice sent my way.

If you have GC, there is no need for the stamp. People usually get the stamp if they have to travel overseas right away or if their actual GC is still in the process to be mailed out. You have your actual GC. You are all set.

I am assuming that by VIP you mean secondary inspection. Just to let you know, even GC holders and citizens may be sent to secondary inspection.

I always get a "VIP" treatment at the Immigration everytime I enter US and I don't want anymore "VIP" treatments.