Staming done at Atlanta

nomadguru

Registered Users (C)
I visited USCIS Atlanta office today morning without an appointment for I-551 stamp (485 approval stamp). I arrived around 6.40 am, good 50 minutes before the office opens. There were only 14 people ahead of me, yet I had to wait about four hours before I got to see the officer. After presenting I-485 approval courtesy copy, the officer took my index finger print, 2 ADIT photos, approval letter and I-94. He did not ask for EAD but ask for the most recent AP. He did not return the approval letter . After stamping my passport he told me that I should receive the card in 6 to 8 weeks.

Good luck to all of you who are waiting.

PD to AoS Stamping Date: 2418 days
RD to Stamping Date AD: 967 days

Can anyone (ie a resident of Florida or SC) approved go to that Atlanta office without an appointment, or did they specifically tell you on your I-485 approval notice that you must go to that Atlanta office??

Good post

Thank you, that was a very precise post. My wife and I should be heading in that direction in the next few days.

It is very encouraging that he said 6 to 8 weeks for the plastic card unlike prior posts where they say 1 year.

All the best.

SydneyRacquelle

It will be mentioned on the Approval Notice as to which INS office you need to go for the Passport Stamping...

Hi nomadguru

Do we need to take any appointment in ATL Office ? I heard that some of the folks took appt. in Florida.

Thanks,

Why-R

Where is USCIS office in Atlanta

What is the postal address of the USCIS office in Atlanta ? Is it on Buford Hwy ?
What did you take with you for stamping ? Drivers License, Passports, what else was needed ?

INS ATLANTA
77 Forsyth Street SW, Room 111,
Atlanta, GA 30303.

I had called the NSC. You will need to take your Passport with latest I-94, Latest Advance Parole, EAD, the I-485 approval Notice, and 2 ADIT photos.

Re: Where is USCIS office in Atlanta

Originally posted by Atlanta485
What is the postal address of the USCIS office in Atlanta ? Is it on Buford Hwy ?
What did you take with you for stamping ? Drivers License, Passports, what else was needed ?
No one in the USCIS office asked me for a driver's license. (Although i drove to the office so as usual i was carrying my driver's license)
There are two lines outside the building main entrance. There is no need to take an appointment but you should reach there before 7.30 in order to make sure you get a token to see the IIO.
The line on the left is for the people who has an appointment (for people who are taking an oath or EAD). The line on the right hand side is for people who do not have an appointments.
Good luck.

what are ADIT photos?

what are ADIT photos?

Is this the Green Card/EAD style photos ot the head on Passport style photos?

Went for I-485 stamping this morning to INS Atlanta at 6.15 am. There were around 20 people ahead of me. The security was already present. They started letting us into the building at 6.30 am, usual (airport) security etc. Then around 7.00 am the reception started receving people and issuing Token Numbers. By that time, there was already around 150+ people. I was asked to go to Room 111 and had Token number of 303. I went into the Room at 7.30 am and I was called at 7.40 am, was out of there at 7.45 am. Was asked to submit all my Advance Parole Documents and previous EADs as well. They do Finger Printing of Right Index finger and take signatures as well. Very smooth, pleasant and SUPER-FAST Experience. Good luck to others as well.

There is also a facility in side the building to make photostate copies and take ADIT style pictures. (I do not recall the exact name but its some sort of immigrant charitable foundation)

Stamping ?

I received the courtsey approval notice from IS today for my 485 approval. It mentioned that the original had been sent to my lawyer as well.
Can I take this copy and go to stamping or do I need originalf rom lawyer?

Do i need to take appointment or I can go any day ?
Thanks for your help!

atlanta485

You can take the Coustesy Copy and you do not need to make an appointment. It was a real breeze at INS atlanta.

Got stamping done

Got I-551 stamping done today
I had to submit all my EADs and APs and also I-94.
We reached INS by 6:40 am and were out by 9:40am. It was packed today.

SO if I need to travel out of the country, what do I do if I get asked for I-94 while departing the country?

Show them the stamping in your passport.

You are no longer in a "period of authorized stay". You are allowed to stay "permamnently".

They asked for the most recent EAD, AP and I-94. The expired I-94 should not be a problem since you were on the AoS status.