SSN Question

Dzung

Hi There,

I am presently a green-card holder. My green-card is a conditonal GC(2 yrs) which expires in May/2010. I will not be able to change the status from conditional to 10 yrs GC as me and my spouse had divorced six months ago.

My question is: once the green card has expired, will the SSN(Social Security Number) automatically change status? put it in a different way. After the green-card expired, can I still work?

Thanks

Hi There,

I am presently a green-card holder. My green-card is a conditonal GC(2 yrs) which expires in May/2010. I will not be able to change the status from conditional to 10 yrs GC as me and my spouse had divorced six months ago.

My question is: once the green card has expired, will the SSN(Social Security Number) automatically change status? put it in a different way. After the green-card expired, can I still work?

Thanks

The moment you got divorced, you lost your Permanenet resident ( Conditional GC) status. You should have petitioned for removal of conditional status soon after you got divorced. Foget about change of status in SSN after May-2010, you cannot work legally now.
" I am not a legal advisor and use my advise at your own risk"

I know for sure that I will be losing PR status after the GC expired(May 2010). But that wasnt the question. The question was with the SSN that I am having right now, am I be able to continue to work after May 2010?

2-Filing I-751. Will it help me to gain permanent GC(10yrs)?

Thanks

Having a valid SSN does NOT authorize an alien to work.

If your status expires May 2010, you can not continue working after that date, even with a valid SSN.

The moment you got divorced, you lost your Permanenet resident ( Conditional GC) status. You should have petitioned for removal of conditional status soon after you got divorced. Foget about change of status in SSN after May-2010, you cannot work legally now.
" I am not a legal advisor and use my advise at your own risk"

do you enjoy feeding nonsense on this board. I have lost track of all the rubbish you have posted:eek:

Last edited by a moderator: