SSN question

luna77

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys

Just wanted to know when u guys got ur SSN after applying for it...Its been almost 2 months for me and still nothing.please share ur timeline. I would really apprreciate...
:)

well, did you call them or made an appt or walked in the SSA office to find out what's taking so long?

I applied Dec22,2006 and the SSA told me 8-12 weeks. The rep said when I applied INS did not update their computer as yet and she said that is what holds up the process.

luna77 said:
Hey guys

Just wanted to know when u guys got ur SSN after applying for it...Its been almost 2 months for me and still nothing.please share ur timeline. I would really apprreciate...
:)

Timeline SSN/card

Likewise I am stuck with my SSN too. After months of waiting EAD card, I am waiting again for SSN;

Those who were given SSN already kindly post your timeline, let's see who got the fastest and those waiting for almost 2 months....thanks!!!!!

waren613 said:
Likewise I am stuck with my SSN too. After months of waiting EAD card, I am waiting again for SSN;

Those who were given SSN already kindly post your timeline, let's see who got the fastest and those waiting for almost 2 months....thanks!!!!!

I applied 3 weeks ago and got my new SS card today, but mine was a renewal of SS card as I received one a couple of years ago when I was on F-1. After I got my green card I applied for renewal with my new name on it, it took three weeks to get it.

I keep calling them and always get the same answer that they are waiting on uscis verification....I really dont get it....Should i go through infopass???? we will get it Warren...just a matter of time....

i appled for ssn on jan 24-2007 and then on feb 3 received a mail saying i should get my ssn in about 2 weeks.but i got it on feb 8 2007 wish you all the best who still waiting.it will come soon

NITEOLE718 said:
i appled for ssn on jan 24-2007 and then on feb 3 received a mail saying i should get my ssn in about 2 weeks.but i got it on feb 8 2007 wish you all the best who still waiting.it will come soon

Nice to know!!! Comparing you with my SSN timeline I shld be getting my card next week too, Hopefully!!!!!

Applied - Jan 30
Rcvd mail fr SSA - Feb 6

My question is I need my SSN number ASAP bec my future employer have been waiting for my SSN for background check since Dec, do you think if I call the local SSA where I applied, they might have my SSN number already?????

Applied: January 18 (the day I got the green card)
Received: February 10

My SSN card was a renewal - I already had a card before, I just applied to change my name and remove the "DHS authorization" caption.