SSN for non-residents

etrader

Registered Users (C)
I know that SSN is for US resident on certain types of visa, but I'm just curious if there is any exception that a non-resident become eligible for SSN?!!?!?

Green Card Journey

Hey you all

I want to thank you for all the info I read , it was very helpful,
I will like to shear my experience with you all ,
I had my interview on Sept 02 2009 at 2:00 pm , it was a very tence day for me , I had every thing for prof example Joint Bank statement ,Life insurance , Lease contract, Void joint check , Joint Debit Card, Health Insurance on my husband name Pics etc ..we are married for one year and two months ...Long story short.

The IO was a very stearn his face was very serious ..he only ask my husband two question..Have he ever Petition for every one before , and he show him the I-130 form and ask him if that is his signiture, then he ask me if I have kids ? i said yes one he ask me her Name, age where she was born.then he look at the pics and took one out ..then he say ..that the end of the interview and they will be contacting us 30 to 60 days by mail ...he did not tell us if we were aprove or not ..my husband got up and shock his hand and tell him thank You ...I shock his hands also and said thank you.
Six hours after I check my updates and it said , Card production Ordered..I said thank you Jesus..on the 09/08/ 09 I recieve a Welcome letter saying I will recieve my Green card in two weeks in the mail , and a Aproval letter I- 130

Application Recieve : June 25th 2009..325G I -130, I 765. I- 485.
July 07th 2009 recieve letter for Biometrices on ,July 24th 2009 at 1: pm
Aug 01st 2009 recieve ,Work Aut Card,
Aug 03rd 2009 recieve Letter for Interview on Sept 02 the 2009 at 2:pm
Aproved!!!!!
Awaiting Green Card in mail....

My journey was short ...It took less the two and a half months to get Green Card....God is good ..Keep the faith.

Thank you All...and GOOD LUCK

if you are under category of Refugee status, you can get SSN too, that is not only for US resident on certain types of visa.

Requesting for help

As a permanant resident that time,i worked in usa and paid all taxes,social security in Newyork,USA, from 1993 to march 2000.then i migrated and became canadian citizen living in canada now.
Later on my green card expired .I am now 51 years old.Please let me know how and from where can i get social security benefits or pension??what would be age limit??