SS Registration Question

vetfrm78

Registered Users (C)
I have seen the various threads on the above topic, but I am still unsure re: my situation.

I came to the US on a student visa at age 22; I applied for LPR status before age 26, but I got LPR status at 26 yrs, 1 month. The issue is that I think I was "out of status" between 25 and 26 (since my student visa had expired). Do I still need to get a Status Information Letter? To complicate matters, I was born before 1959; I know it is largely irrelevant given my age, but if I did want to get such a letter, who would I get it from?

I have seen the various threads on the above topic, but I am still unsure re: my situation.

I came to the US on a student visa at age 22; I applied for LPR status before age 26, but I got LPR status at 26 yrs, 1 month. The issue is that I think I was "out of status" between 25 and 26 (since my student visa had expired). Do I still need to get a Status Information Letter? To complicate matters, I was born before 1959; I know it is largely irrelevant given my age, but if I did want to get such a letter, who would I get it from?

Does this apply?
* Men born from March 29, 1957, through December 31, 1959, were not required to register because registration was suspended for several years in the late 1970s.

Otherwise, I'm hoping that there a specific reason you want to jump through hoops to get a 'No records found' from the National Archives. (They probably aren't going to send you a Status Information Letter from the National Archives)

Does this apply?
* Men born from March 29, 1957, through December 31, 1959, were not required to register because registration was suspended for several years in the late 1970s.

Otherwise, I'm hoping that there a specific reason you want to jump through hoops to get a 'No records found' from the National Archives. (They probably aren't going to send you a Status Information Letter from the National Archives)

I called the National Archives and they only have records of registration until 1975 (I guess because the draft was suspended after that). But the office in Palatine only has records for people born after Jan. 1, 1960. So could my case just have "fallen through the cracks"? Anybody else know of this type of situation?

Stop worrying yourself over this. They're not going to ask a 50something year old for a Selective Service letter.