Srinivas Doreswamy - Has senator\'s office made any progress on your case?

Yes, GC Approved within 2 months after contacing Senator\'s Office

Our cases got approved on 02/13/2002. I really appreciate sincere efforts of Frank Meo (legal representative of Senator Jon S. Corzine) who handled my case as it was taking more time than expected.

Did the contact with senator really help? Or your time just comes??

I do hope it helps.

After you contact senator, how long it takes for your case to be with an officer?

Details about my case

Labor date : 02/1998
i_140 approval : 08/1999
I-485 RD: 11/16/1999
I-485 ND: 11/23/1999
FP: 03/16/2001
RFE for employment verification: 04/25/2001
RFE response received by INS: 05/14/2001
AVM played the old tune: Received RFE response on 05/14/2001. Case usually take 365-540 days. since prelim. review is complete, it will take 540 days. bla bla bla.. (it played this message till 02/13/2002)
I called INS in October. They said they do not have my I-140 file. It is in storage area. Because of WTC and anthrax issues, it was getting delayed. I was advised by some well wishers to contact NJ senator. I sent my case datails to Frank Meo in December 2nd week. He talked to INS and informed me that it will take 30-60 days for a decision. He informed that review process has been started on 11/07/2001. They also got my I-140 file in meantime. I checked AVM on 02/14/2002 at 4:20 PM and heard the approval message for self and spouse.

No Title

Actually the name of the senator is Jon Corzine, not Robert Corzine. I had also contacted Frank Meo. That is the reason why I wanted to know Srini Doreswamy\'s outcome. Frank is a very easy to talk to and friendly person. He told me to fax my details and promised me that he will get in touch with INS on my behalf.

Congrats Srinivas on your approval. Did Frank keep in touch with you constantly throughout?

No Title

Hi Ric,

My PD is June 1996
My 485 ND is Sep 2000. No RFE. Called IIO three times. Same reply every time. "Call after 30 days if not approved"
Since VSC is processing April-May 2001 ND these days, I contacted the senator\'s office to ask their help to find out why my case is delayed while people who applied 7 months after me are getting approved.

So if you feel that your case is being held up with no reason for a long time, this is the only recourse available. Use the senator only as a last resort.

Delay in old cases approval is usually because of missing I-140 file

My experience with INS says that as cases becomes aged, It is very difficult to track old files in storage. If anybody is experiencing a delay in their case, call INS and find out if all documents (esp. I-140 file) are in place. If not, take help of senator to speed of the approval process.

I talked to him 4 to 5 times before our cases got approved.

My sincere thanks to Frank for his dedication and effort shown to resolve my case. I wish him good luck in his life and career.