Spouse working on EAD - Laws /Rules ???

abc94536

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am on H1 and my spouse is on H4. My employment based I-140 got approved today and am expecting my (and my spouse's EAD) anytime soon. Here are my queries -

a) Are there any legalities /rules invloved, if my spouse works on EAD.
b) Are there any legalities /rules invloved, if my spouse starts a company.

Any link /document/ insight would be a big help !

abc94536 said:

a) once she posseses a valid EAD she may work freely in any occupation.

b) there are no restrictions, she simply shows her EAD to her employer as evidence of work authorization. Or she may start her own company.

- wik

How about me....can I form a company.

Thanks for the reply!

Can I also start my own company once I get my EAD?
Are there any specific laws.

abc94536 said:
Can I also start my own company once I get my EAD?

That's a different issue. If you are a self-petitioner, (like EB EA category), then you can, as long as it's in the same field. If you are in a category sponsored by an employer, then I believe you must remain with that employer - or another with the same positiion.

Other folks might want to jump in here to advise.

You can start the company, but can not be employed by the company. You may want to check out the forum on 'starting business in USA' on this portal.

----------

It's my view only.......

abc94536 said:
Hi,

I am on H1 and my spouse is on H4. My employment based I-140 got approved today and am expecting my (and my spouse's EAD) anytime soon. Here are my queries -

----- if she wants to work she can use EAD for any kind of work, once she gets EAD she also needs SSN for work. Once she uses EAD she will NOT be on H4 status and will need AP approved IN US before making any trip out of US, better apply her AP so that she will have approved AP in hand if she wants to go out of US and have to reenter
--- she can start a company, or can work with others. better YOU be on H1 status till I-485 is not approved becase if any problem with I-485 you will still have status
Any link /document/ insight would be a big help !