Spouse threatening - Need help

newtov8

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I am in a strange situation. I am trying to be short here. Due to some "***" reasons I had to withdraw my wife's 485 application. She and my son are staying back home. I came back to US, w/out their knowledge (now they know I have gone back to US), I have changed job, so she doesnt know where I am.

She still wants to come back and trying to do whatever she could do for that. They (she and her parents) are trying to screw me. She is saying that I have taken her & my son's passport (my son is US citizen). My parents got a call from somebody from (so called) US emabassy, asking for my son's passport. My parents have replied back saying they don't know and it is with her.

1) My question is since her 485 application is withdrawn, what could she do harm to me and my career.

2) Can she take advantage of my son to get into US.

3) Would INS believe on her passport story.

4) Any harm for my parents?

5) Any other thoughts you guys have for this situation...

We both don't want divorce yet (due to old 3 yr old), but I still can not live with her for few months to year till she change herself.

Please advice....

Thanks a lot.
Sam

You have to first justify as to why you have to divorce your wife.

We don't want to burn in hell for advising you , if you are an assh***e who is running away from his responsibilities.

Originally posted by newtov8
Hi all,

I am in a strange situation. I am trying to be short here. Due to some "***" reasons I had to withdraw my wife's 485 application. She and my son are staying back home. I came back to US, w/out their knowledge (now they know I have gone back to US), I have changed job, so she doesnt know where I am.

She still wants to come back and trying to do whatever she could do for that. They (she and her parents) are trying to screw me. She is saying that I have taken her & my son's passport (my son is US citizen). My parents got a call from somebody from (so called) US emabassy, asking for my son's passport. My parents have replied back saying they don't know and it is with her.

1) My question is since her 485 application is withdrawn, what could she do harm to me and my career.

We both don't want divorce yet (due to old 3 yr old), but I still can not live with her for few months to year till she change herself.

Please advice....

Thanks a lot.
Sam

re Spouse threatening

Whether you want to be with your wife or not is your decision and for whatever reason if you want to seperate or Divorce its up to you. But she has a right to decide if she wants to stay in US or India... what makes you think you can decide for her??

She can do nothing.

Not unless he turns 18.

Not unless she has valid proof.

Not in this case. But if she turns vicious, she might put some harassment or dowry charges. It has happened several times before. Ask them to contact a local lawyer immdly.

My friend was in a similar situation. Some Indian girls change drastically once they are here.
His wife wanted to move with another indian guy.
After nervous breakdown for several months this is what he did:-
He tactfully took her back to india on a medical pretext. She then lost her passport. He came back to usa and did not send her any copy of his visa ( a copy is only reqd. for a spousal visa). He then filed a complaint with the local police station in USA for receiving threats over phone. He even taped some graphical phone calls for record. He then thru. his brother in india (acting as his power of attorney) filed for divorce in India. This justified his legal reasons for not giving her the visa etc.
The reason he did this was that if a divorce is filed in india, one cannot file it in usa. Something that girl would have done to extract money. Now the divorce can be cancelled anytime.

So the gist is :- You are safe and have nothing to worry, but because of your son try to work it out if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I totally pity the poor kid who has to go through all this agony and pain, I think a lot of quick weddings taking place in India while on a short trip to India (with out knowing each other and each other's families) are on the rocks.

frantic,
we do not know the whole story. No dad would also want this. I have seen my friend with a girl who was impossible. Have you not seen lot more indian girls getting divorced here in US. He is not willing to divorce also. Have you seen that.

Originally posted by frantic
While I totally pity the poor kid who has to go through all this agony and pain, I think a lot of quick weddings taking place in India while on a short trip to India (with out knowing each other and each other's families) are on the rocks.

newtov8, you have a much bigger problem than green card. What is there in a green card if your family leaves you. Somebody pointed out about quick marriages that you guys often do without knowing each other and ultimately coming in this mess. Have you imagined what is happening with your child, what will happen for his future. But don't cry over split milk. My sincere advice please resolve all the issues with your spouse and bring her back and start all over again. And if she doesnot want to stay in US YOU stay wherever she wants. Watch the movie "Chalte Chalte"

yep, the greedy nuts

Even my sister is in the same situation, her husband and in-laws dumped on the second day she had a baby. he got his canadian PR, now he wants to dump all responsibilities.

what kind of morons are these ? And these morons now start posting their stories for help!!

So much for your comforting message. Put yourself in his shoes and you shall know. He might not have wanted it. Situations will have to be dealt with. Some you like and some you don't but life continues. He is not crying but looking for suggestions. If you do not have any then just keep quiet.

Originally posted by dukhiman
newtov8, you have a much bigger problem than green card. What is there in a green card if your family leaves you. Somebody pointed out about quick marriages that you guys often do without knowing each other and ultimately coming in this mess. Have you imagined what is happening with your child, what will happen for his future. But don't cry over split milk. My sincere advice please resolve all the issues with your spouse and bring her back and start all over again. And if she doesnot want to stay in US YOU stay wherever she wants. Watch the movie "Chalte Chalte"