Spouse New Mailing address after filing N400

sam99

Registered Users (C)
We are still married but wife has to change her mailing address officially for good school district for our kids but my mailing addrress remains same. So my question is:

- Does my wife need to file AR-11? (change of address with INS)
- Will it be problem during Interview as we both have different addrress but married?
- What reason she will give if at all IO ask why her mailing address is different than mine?

Any inputs or suggestion? Thanks

Mailing address and physical address are both requested on N-400 (in case they are different), but AR-11 does not distinguish between them. Is your wife physically living with you and is using mailing address in the school district or did she move to the school district area and is not living with you ?

Bobsmyth, Yes my wife is physically living with me and just using the mailing address for the school. She lately chaged her driving license to her new mailing address and we thot to officially change the address in USPS too. Let me know what you think?

Mailing address and physical address are both requested on N-400 (in case they are different), but AR-11 does not distinguish between them. Is your wife physically living with you and is using mailing address in the school district or did she move to the school district area and is not living with you ?

Bobsmyth, Yes my wife is physically living with me and just using the mailing address for the school. She lately chaged her driving license to her new mailing address and we thot to officially change the address in USPS too. Let me know what you think?
Having a different address won't be anywhere near as much of a problem as the fraud conviction you are risking will be. Has it not occurred to you that what you are doing may be in the illegal category?

The IO might ask for her DL at interview to verify identification. In that case, the address inconsistency might be questioned. Did you both file for naturalization or is she filing based on being married to a US citizen (yourself?)

Yes, we both filed for naturalization at the same time and my GC is employment based.

If she file for AR-11 with change of address since she officially changed her address in DL and post office, I dont think it will be a issue. Whats ur take on this?

The IO might ask for her DL at interview to verify identification. In that case, the address inconsistency might be questioned. Did you both file for naturalization or is she filing based on being married to a US citizen (yourself?)

Since she's not filing based on marriage to a US citizen, changing her address would not affect her eligibility for naturalization.