Spouse in India and Applicant in USA - What step can be taken...

Jharkhandi

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

One of my friend's got his labor cleared from California. His wife and newborn kid are in India. He does not wants to get them in USA for a year due to his economic reasons and he has to file 140/485 also.

He desparately needs EAD ASAP. He is planning to go for 140/485 concurrent filing. So for his scenario:

1. How can he later get GC for his wife and kid?

2. Can he get help from US Consulate in India for the same? (He is not going for Consulate Processing.) Can Consulate Processing be done for his wife and kids and 485 for him or something equivalent?

3. Besides he has come to know that they administer some injection during Medical Examination of GC - after which females cannot breast-feed their kids - what medicine is administered - any idea? Also can that part (of injection) be delayed if requested? Will that request delay processing of GC?

Your invaluable suggestions are welcome.

Always
Jharkhandi

Hi Moderators/Opeartions,

Could you please ask Rajiv Sir to comment on this scenario! Someone needs urgent advice.

Heard of something called I-824. What is it and how can it help in this case?

Thanks,
Jharkhandi

Last edited by a moderator:
My comments are marked with "++++++" Regards to all. Rajiv.

One of my friend's got his labor cleared from California. His wife and newborn kid are in India. He does not wants to get them in USA for a year due to his economic reasons and he has to file 140/485 also.

He desparately needs EAD ASAP. He is planning to go for 140/485 concurrent filing. So for his scenario:

2. ........Can Consulate Processing be done for his wife and kids and 485 for him or something equivalent?

++++++Yes. No problem at all.

3. Besides he has come to know that they administer some injection during Medical Examination of GC - after which females cannot breast-feed their kids - what medicine is administered - any idea?
++++++That information is probably false. It may be that some times, people may not have taken all the inocculations necessary to protect against various diseases. They may be advised to take additional shots. But nursing mothers can point that fact out. There WILL be accomodations made if needed.

Also can that part (of injection) be delayed if requested? Will that request delay processing of GC?

++++++No delays.

Your invaluable suggestions are welcome.

Always
Jharkhandi