Spouse gets RFE after Principal Approval

elcid2000

Registered Users (C)
I noticed from the USCIS website that my spouse got an RFE. Has anyone had this experience of spouse getting an 485 RFE 2 weeks after the principal's 485 is approved? What will the RFE likely be for?

elcid2000 said:
I noticed from the USCIS website that my spouse got an RFE. Has anyone had this experience of spouse getting an 485 RFE 2 weeks after the principal's 485 is approved? What will the RFE likely be for?

I haven't heard of this myself but I'm sure that it can happen.

My guess would be that this is for something relatively benign such as needing to do photos again, medical checks etc. I can't imagine that it would be anything that could lead to denial as long as there is no issue with the derivative applicant being out of status etc.

Let us know what happens!

ETA

Guys...I do have the similar problem with my daughter's case.
My,wife's and son's case approved on 9/24.We received our approval notices and got an appointment for stamping next week.Also got the physical card for my son.
So don't know what they are asking for my daughter's case?Let see what I get it?
Who actually receive the rfe doc?

On our approval notices,they have mentioned to bring following:
--Approval notice.
--I-94 records.
--Passport.
--ADIT style 2 photographs.
and I will be taking EADs .
Do I need to carry any other docs with us?Any help on these questions.
Thanks,
--tempo.
485 nd 5/6/03 ad 9/24/04
fp1 3/04

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife got RFE for medicals as she was expecting when her medicals were done and she did not get all required vaccinations. RFE was generated after i got approved. We replied to RFE and she got approved on 09/8.
Don't worry it will all fall in place.

good luck

My 485 got approved two days ago. However, my wife's case shows LUD changed but the msg still says 'results of FP1' rec'd. She did not get her TB test done as she was nursing our 2 month old baby at that time. Do you think she may be getting an RFE even though I am approved?

I have an RFE on the way for my daughter as well

I was approved 9/17 along with my spouse. Then two of my 4 children were approved and I got the cards in record time. On Oct 5th my wife and I went for stamping and I got an e-mail notice of an RFE for my daughter.

I post when I find out what it's for.

My daughter's case is a little odd becuase I did not recieve a reciept for it when we originally filed. My lawyer called and they reported everything is OK and sometimes it takes a little longer for some receipts. The receipt date was the same day as the inquiry, I think they just missed it in the big file.

My son's case remains untouched from the day of reciept and he has turned 14 since we applied so I think he will need fingerprints before he can be approved.

I'm 2/3rds done but I think it will require 3 more visits to get this straightened out. One for fingerprints for my son and then a trip each for passport stamping since it's seems unlikely they will approve the two remaining kids at the same time.

Possibly Medical

From the info above, my wife's RFE may be for medicals as we were expecting our baby at the time of the medical exam and she did not get all the vaccines I got.

I'll post the RFE details when we receive it. Thanks guys.

me too, but I don't remeber my husband get any shots.

elcid2000 said:
From the info above, my wife's RFE may be for medicals as we were expecting our baby at the time of the medical exam and she did not get all the vaccines I got.

I'll post the RFE details when we receive it. Thanks guys.

Got my Daughters RFE

They want her to sign the applications. I had signed them on her behalf when we originally applied. It's not really clear if she should have signed them herself because she was 14 when we applied, or because she is 16 now. I think it's because she is now 16.

A simple RFE, I just had her sign the documents on top of my original signature as they sent the originals back to me.

My son's case remains untouched.

I would highly recommend that you check with FBI to see if your son's name check has been completed...You can also contact your congressman and they will get some information from USCIS on your behalf.
Goodluck!

3LC's NoGC said:
They want her to sign the applications. I had signed them on her behalf when we originally applied. It's not really clear if she should have signed them herself because she was 14 when we applied, or because she is 16 now. I think it's because she is now 16.

A simple RFE, I just had her sign the documents on top of my original signature as they sent the originals back to me.

My son's case remains untouched.

I got my approval on 9/20 and we just received the RFE 10/11 for my wife for the TB skin test.

Hopefully she gets her approval soon.

I am in the same boat. I got approved on 10/6 but my wife's case has not been approved. We have not even rec'd an RFE. She did not get her TB test done. I am sure that's the reason they have not approved it.

Now the problem is that we will be leaving for India shortly and I am concerned that she will have go on AP and also the RFE may come when she is not here. Any suggestions? We tried calling Customer Service - but not much use!

my 2 cents worth

Hello Folks:
I suspect that USCIS may not be sending Name Check requests for each and every one of I-485 applicants, since this may not be necessary for green card applicants...Therefore it may not be a good idea to contact FBI regarding this. I would suggest contacting the BCIS first and if they tell you that your case is pending because of security/name check, only then send the FAX/email to FBI...By the way, name check is also done for N-400 (citizenship-naturalization) applicants.

Also, I came across the following useful thread regarding name checks:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848
Goodluck to everyone!
-krsn1

willIEvergetGC said:
I got my approval on 9/20 and we just received the RFE 10/11 for my wife for the TB skin test.

Hopefully she gets her approval soon.

INS recieved the RFE on 12/13 and we got the case was approved yesterday 12/29.

At last we are done with INS :D :D :D

Primary approved - Dependent no change.

I got approved ~ 2 days ago. PD Date May 2002.
My wife's I-1485 still shows the smae old message with no LUD.
Come Jan 2005 will the PD retrogression affect her case as she is the dependent. In Jan the PD dates roll back to Jan 2002. Will she have to wait tillthe PD dates become current?

thank you

gc_1400 said:
I got approved ~ 2 days ago. PD Date May 2002.
My wife's I-1485 still shows the smae old message with no LUD.
Come Jan 2005 will the PD retrogression affect her case as she is the dependent. In Jan the PD dates roll back to Jan 2002. Will she have to wait tillthe PD dates become current?

thank you
YES if you are EB3 and from one of the notified countries.