Spouse Case Waiting ?

BAGUSAC

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

I did get my approval notices. But for some reason I did not see any LUD's or any kind of update about my spouse.

We did our FP2's on the SAME day. Got LUD's on the same that th FP is completed and picked up.

Spouse's case is H4 dependant - Had 3rd EAD through along with the FP2- All through the approval we where getting it together now for the final one spouse's is still pending.

But after waiting for a very very very looooong time I got the notice but my spouse did not ?? Any one in the same boat and any experiences.... Please share and shed some light as to the next course of action that would move this pending case along.

THanks in Advance,
BAGUSAC.

count me in too....approved for me and spouse is still waiting...

i called VSC rep today and she said hang on buddy and give us a week or two to work on it.....

EB1ORAug2005 just running by this scenario of my spouse so that I can gather some inputs.

1. Spouse case & Mine - FP2 & EAD 3RD - Noticed Received; Completed and LUD's all on the same dates.
2. Spouse on H4 ; Valid for couple of years now

questions are

1. Should I call VSC ??? State the case to expedite the situation or get details of what is happening ????
2. Take an Infopass to talk to an Immi officer to resolve whatever ??? [ No RFE's so far ]

Thanks,
BAGUSAC

Update after talking to VSC

The Rep at VSC suggested to hold onto a Ref # and said to wait for 45 Days to raise another one; In the mean time they are working on it :confused: :mad:

when i called day after i was approved...she laughed and said hang on buddy give us a week period of time

Not sure about that because in my case it is upto a week + now for my spouse after mine and still there are no updates.

Quick question though in case I don't get the Emergency AP - is the H4 still valid or invalid to get a VISA stamped in India ???

Thanks,

pallu2004 and others

Update

Ok ! Figured out from the Infopass appt today that the spouse case is stuck in FBI Name Check. Not sure which part of it after going thru the document.

So the wait continues ... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :( :( . This is really killing for everyone.

hmmm....i was of a thought that if u get FP2 during the period ur date is current means ur NC is cleared....

as we both got the FP2...i was certain...have u tried calling the 800# and connecting to VSC

Hi Pallu2004,

Did call VSC last Friday - got the usual generic message; we will raise the inquiry ; will be contacted if there is anything required if not don't re-raise an inquiry until 45 days.

So finally decided to go thru the Infopass route - which resulting it knowing that FP2 does not mean Name check is cleared it is just renewal of the biometrics before it gets expired so that the database is updated.

So now it looks like FBI name check is going to be the update.... :mad: :confused:

True we both got FP2 too and the LUD's were similar dates on both of our cases too but now it turns out that each individual cases are handled separately by FBI not picked an processed even there is dependency of status to approve it.

Waiting in the Big Q again ............ :mad:

-BAGUSAC

I just called the VSC rep and they said to wait for a week before raising a querry. since then i have not contacted anyone so far. if no movements happen this week then i will call them again to find out about the current status

True that is what I go too ; 45 days don't start another enquiry; But the point is they are buying time here it seems; As the Name Check thing should come thru and I guess it is just matter of days to send the approval.
So weeks of waiting for name check and 2-3 days to send the approval.

Already into 2 wks and waiting.....:confused:

Hi Pallu & Gc-lover;

Any updates on your spouse cases ??

Are you looking at any LUD's ? Did you contact VSC.

Thanks in adv for your updates.

~BAGUSAC

Hi BAGUSAC,

I got the approval mail yesterday evening only and though there is no change in my spouse case since "Finger prints process complete", I will have to wait for a week atleast as per earlier post by Pallu. So I will keep you guys posted of any info I get.

Hi Pallu & Gc-lover;

~BAGUSAC

Hi Pallu & Gc-lover;

~BAGUSAC

A friend of mine and his son received the GCs 2 ½ years ago and his wife is still waiting for name check to be cleared. He did every thing you can imagine.

Thanks mmed - I got that part after reviewing and going thru tons of articles and forum updates here and else where.

The question was more like if the spouse case is dependent [H4] on H1B and if the H1B turned into a GC - which obviously looses its status in the sense the H1B is invalid the min the I485 is approved and which automatically invalidates the H4 too so given this scenario the name check pending for H4 alone is really dicey and make lesser sense to hang on

~BAGUSAC

Thanks mmed - I got that part after reviewing and going thru tons of articles and forum updates here and else where.

The question was more like if the spouse case is dependent [H4] on H1B and if the H1B turned into a GC - which obviously looses its status in the sense the H1B is invalid the min the I485 is approved and which automatically invalidates the H4 too so given this scenario the name check pending for H4 alone is really dicey and make lesser sense to hang on

~BAGUSAC

Yes, H4 is dependent on H1 but AOS is not. You can not predict which one will be approved first. The name check is a separate story with nothing to do with what every one think. Just wait and do not do anything, doing more steps are more frustration, depression and wasting resources with no benifit at all.

pallu2004

No changes as such in my spouse case.:mad:

I have already exhausted 2 infopass visits with no clear cut answers same thing said in different wordings - NAME CHECK PENDING.

I did call VSC couple of times since then and they are reading the same verbiage that is posted on the website status check so I guess nothing to expect them there.

When you mean case status check - Is it inquiry thru the 1800 call to VSC or is there any other way ; let me know.

As indicate earlier ; I have an inquiry already pending and for which they are already snapped back saying wait for 45 days [ i guess 30 days is now 45 days at VSC :confused: ] before you raise any further checks or inquiry.

The infopass story is really brutal no courtesy no mercy ; stiff and hard answers to questions you pose. So nothing really helped me there.

~BAGUSAC

Hoping you guys don't end up

in a black hole like we are. I'm waiting for my spouse case to clear up for almost 2 years now. They say it's in namecheck. And the funny thing is we got FBI email that both of our cases got cleared.

But no one cares what we got in email. They only care what they got, and they got nothing for my spouse from FBI. Can you believe that. I'm going for WOM next couple of weeks.

Goodluck!