Sponsor Views: anything I can do??!

GRE

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I hope someone can answer this. I have applied for my J1 visa waiver and I have finished submitting all the papers requested. According to my online status, I'm now at "Sponsors view requested" stage but I have received nothing from the DoS regarding this. That has a date of April 14th. Is there something I should be doing?? Or, is this something between DoS and my sponsor? I tried to email the DoS but nobody replied back. Does anyone know what email I can use that is answered to?? Thank u so much. -- :confused: GRE

DoS email address?

LucyMo thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.
I know I have to wait. It can be nerve-wrecking and it's been almost 2 months now since the sponsor view were requested.

I recently found out that my ISP cancelled my home email address, which I gave to the DoS in my application. I am trying to find the DoS email where I can inform them of the change and give them my new home email address. Do you know which email address they use?

Please do not suggest that I fill in the "Change of address" form online; All I want to change is my email address, nothing else. I checked that online form and it asks you to repeat all the info from the beginning. I don't want to do that since I had submitted things in paper and I don't want to create any further confusion. All I want to give is my new email address.

Any ideas how to contact them? (No phone calls, either, I live over the atlantic).

many thanks,
GRE

nope, no idea. They never contacted me through email. I don't think I even provided it.

You have been waiting for two months. I waited for 10 years, and after applying for the waiver, it took 8 months, two lost no-objection statements, many calls to DOS with tears in my eyes, coz they couldn't file my file. And finally - that was it! THe favorable recommendation. I cried soooo much.

oh my goodness!

LucyMo,

Wow, I don't know how you could stand waiting for so long. Of course life is not waiting and I have other things going but my employment depends on this waiver (my employer wants to file for HB1 asap). Boy oh boy. At least you could call and ask what's going on. I have used the email provided on the website (for general q's), but I'm not sure whether it is a valid way to reach them for giving a new email address. They have actually contacted me via email in March for a q regarding my application, that is why I want to make sure they have my new email address now (the old one is cancelled, I have no access to it or to any back-emails in that address, as the ISP totally changed addresses and cancelled that service altogether). Anyway, thanks so much for being here and helping all of us.

GRE

Good news!

:D Guys, I just checked my online case status and it shows Favorable Recommendation! HOORAY!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone, esp. LucyMo, for helping by replying to my anxious msgs. Any idea what's next would be appreciated but I definitely am feeling better much better now!!

-GRE :D :D