Spoke to IIO on 10/10 ..........

gem_1002

Registered Users (C)
My RD is 10/02. I am seeing a lot of October approvals so I could not stop myself to call IIO. As usual, it took me an hour to get in touch. Spoke to a nice officer. She checked my case & said that the case has been assigned to an officer & he is reviewing it.

She said he requested for my I-140 file. It usually takes 45 days to get the file. He requested it few weeks back. It takes 2-3 weeks to get the file. After that, 2 weeks to hear something from him. She said, on the whole, it takes 4 to 5 weeks. I don't know I should be happy or not ..... I have couple of questions for u gurus.

1) Is it common for the officer to request for I-140 file or not ???
If not, will I get an RFE ????
2) My EAD expires on 27th Nov. I haven't renewed yet. Is there a way where I can go to the INS office couple of weeks b4 & renew it ?? Or should I apply it right away ???

Ur feedback is greatly appreciated ......

gem_1002

Your file could have been requested from either of the two places- National Visa Center, NH or from the consulate of your home country. Look up your I-140 approval . It will tell you if your case was approved for Consular processing or AOS. If it is Cp then your file would still be at either of the two places and would be called for by INS.

No worries on I-140

Don't sweat the I-140; the I-485 can be approved using the approval notice if they've taken two tries (60 days) to get the original. It's not cause for an RFE, but it can delay you.

I haven't applied for CP & my attorney said - they filed for AOS. I don't have the approval notice with me. I hope my attorney is right .....

never heard

never heard before .....why would they check I-140 application form when they have an approval notice?

:confused:

I think that the lawyer gets I-140 approval notice which (the original approval notice) should be filed with I-485 application...

The lawyer should have submitted the I140 approval notice. Otherwise, do u guys think my 485 could have come so far......