Spoke to IIO 1:10 EDT Oct 9/02

TheRealCanadian

Volunteer Moderator
Spoke to an IIO earlier today, asked about my case - is it still in Workload Distribution? She said no, it had been assigned to an officer. Stupid me forgot to ask "WHEN", since I had an RFE issued in August. My guess is that when the RFE was issued, it got filed back into Workload Distribution. I hope so, and now I'm in the final stage.

I hope.

RD 8/28/01
ND 10/26/01
RFE 8/02/02
RFE Recd 8/28/02

EB3/Virginia/Canada

Good News..my rfe was rcvd 08/20 . Since yr's was rcvd after mine I am hoping that my case was moved as well. However emphasis is on word HOPE here.

Originally posted by gcwait000
Good News..my rfe was rcvd 08/20 . Since yr's was rcvd after mine I am hoping that my case was moved as well. However emphasis is on word HOPE here.

Do me a favor next time you call - ask if the case is in workload distribution, if it was assigned to an officer, ask when that happened.

Asking when it'll be approved should be expunged from our vocabularies - but focused questions like those are well within the capacity of the IIOs to answer, and give us useful info.

I read you research on VCS that was good, I called IIO this afternoon ( I did not read your white paper at that time). But the IIO was very helpful and said my case is assigned to an officer on Sep 30th. Now I feel I should have asked him more on the lines of your research as IIO was very happy to share as much info as possible.

Originally posted by FORMER_PPHILLY
I read you research on VCS that was good, I called IIO this afternoon ( I did not read your white paper at that time). But the IIO was very helpful and said my case is assigned to an officer on Sep 30th. Now I feel I should have asked him more on the lines of your research as IIO was very happy to share as much info as possible.

That's fine - you've learned some great stuff! It's out of Workload Distribution and RAFACS filed with an officer. There's light at the end of the tunnel there...

Also, I have learned that the officer who gives you a reply about your case is making a guesstimate on behalf of another officer who actually has your case. The officer does not consult the officer concerned before giving you a reply. Evey officer I have spoken to said 30 days wait over a period of two months. Today the wait for the first time came down to two weeks. So actually its anybody's guess when the assigned officer decides to decide your case.