spoke to I/O

Am in the same boat folks.. Spoke to a customer service rep and the person said 'background check' for me.. When i called a month earlier they never mentioned anything related to background checks..

Interestingly i never saw a LUD after my 2nd fingerprinting. I have a ND of May 06.

Do they do the background checks again if u do a second fingerprinting?

I spoke to an IO this morning at NSC. She asked for my receipt number and looked up my case. She said I am still pending security checks. I asked if it was USCIS check or another agency and she said another agency :( I have an Infopass friday at the Baltimore office. Let see if they give me the same story ....

Last edited by a moderator:
same here. called around 10 EST and was first told by NSC cusotmer service that they are waiting for new visa numbers to be issued (probably before the month end). when i asked about my case status, she told that my name check is still pending. my i485 was concurrently filed in nov'06 and request to fbi was sent on jan 7'07.

Is there a difference between an I/O and a customer service rep? If there is how do you know the difference?

same question,i have called 3 times and they tell me ,they have no info on thier screen about security check but seems like some people are able to get that info,is there a different way to get hold of theI/O rather than customer service rep
thanks

I spoke to an IO this morning at NSC. She asked for my receipt number and looked up my case. She said I am still pending security checks. I asked if it was USCIS check or another agency and she said another agency :( I have an Infopass friday at the Baltimore office. Let see if they give me the same story ....

I have an infopass on 26th.... i was wondering if its even worth ne thing going for tht after the I/O looked it up on his system n said securityu checks are pending.....Infopass ppl have the same ecreen n nothing more from what i have heard......

MDwatch plz post ur experience after friday so we get an idea of what if any additional information one can get from there

I have an infopass on 26th.... i was wondering if its even worth ne thing going for tht after the I/O looked it up on his system n said securityu checks are pending.....Infopass ppl have the same ecreen n nothing more from what i have heard......

MDwatch plz post ur experience after friday so we get an idea of what if any additional information one can get from there

I sure will. I have read people getting contradictory information from NSC, SR and Infopass. At this point, before sending out letters to my representatives and other people, I would like to have a sure answer to my question: Am I stuck in FBI namecheck or some other type of background check.

And we thought DOL and the BECs were bad .....:eek: let me laugh a second at my own comment :rolleyes: it was a breeze ......

IO and Infopass

During Infopass yesterday, the lady said "it is pre-adjudicated" and pending now. It looks ok.

Today IO, NSC said waiting for visa numbers.

I asked both, I have been current for past 4 months and way outside procesing dates. Why still waiting for visa numbers. Could not get a definite answers. By the way, my name check was cleared last part of July per FBI.

EB-2
PD Nov 2003
RD June 2005

how did you know from FBI

During Infopass yesterday, the lady said "it is pre-adjudicated" and pending now. It looks ok.

Today IO, NSC said waiting for visa numbers.

I asked both, I have been current for past 4 months and way outside procesing dates. Why still waiting for visa numbers. Could not get a definite answers. By the way, my name check was cleared last part of July per FBI.

EB-2
PD Nov 2003
RD June 2005

Kasib,

How did you know from FBI.. did you call them or did you write to them in snailmail or emails. please advise us..

Please report here if you talk to NSC IO or POJ.

My signature
LAbor-> 1/04 EB2
I-485-> 05/05, transferred VSC->NSC(06/07) several LUDS waiting for APPROVAL.....

Just came back from Infopass. 50 miles later, $8 poorer and what did i get out of it .... nothing I did not already know. My case is pending completion of background checks. When I ask if it was the FBI namecheck she said she couldn't tell me because there are many agencies involved. So now what's the next step ? Contact congress people and CIS ombudsman to get the same type of info .... What a waste of time :(

Just came back from Infopass. 50 miles later, $8 poorer and what did i get out of it .... nothing I did not already know. My case is pending completion of background checks. When I ask if it was the FBI namecheck she said she couldn't tell me because there are many agencies involved. So now what's the next step ? Contact congress people and CIS ombudsman to get the same type of info .... What a waste of time :(

well thats what i thought it would be, thanks for the information... i am thinking about cancelling my infopass appointment...

i submitted the ombudsman form with a letter and sent an email to the fbi NC at fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov last week...have not had a response from n e one of them...

talked to the office of the local congressman....they transfered me over to the so called immigration liason......she very clearly informed me that if your background check is pending there is nothing we can do to help...but if u insist send me a letter and we will write an e mail to the uscis and will probably get the same response.... :) so i am not writing that letter now, i think it does not do any good...

i think we are in another blackhole like the philadelphia backlog center

After postponing travelling for a year i am going to now travel when the AP gets renewed, go to work, and one day whenever this might get approved or not.....thts all we can all do....

well thats what i thought it would be, thanks for the information... i am thinking about cancelling my infopass appointment...

i submitted the ombudsman form with a letter and sent an email to the fbi NC at fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov last week...have not had a response from n e one of them...

talked to the office of the local congressman....they transfered me over to the so called immigration liason......she very clearly informed me that if your background check is pending there is nothing we can do to help...but if u insist send me a letter and we will write an e mail to the uscis and will probably get the same response.... :) so i am not writing that letter now, i think it does not do any good...

i think we are in another blackhole like the philadelphia backlog center

After postponing travelling for a year i am going to now travel when the AP gets renewed, go to work, and one day whenever this might get approved or not.....thts all we can all do....

No problems. You might get more info than I did, I think it depends on the IO you get. Some people found out when their namecheck was initiated and other type of info.

I just wrote to my congresswoman and will send a letter to the CIS ombudsman too. I might send one to the white house just in case it get me more info ....

In the mean time lets get back to work :)

Pope..I wrote (snailmail) to FL and Congressman regarding FBI issues. And FBI wrote to Congressman, and also directly to me (refereing FL) about completion of my and famil'y name check.

what are the addresses to write

Pope..I wrote (snailmail) to FL and Congressman regarding FBI issues. And FBI wrote to Congressman, and also directly to me (refereing FL) about completion of my and famil'y name check.

Kesab,

what are the addresses to write FL, congressman.. and what do i write.
Do I first write to FBI and then write to congressmanand FL ?

How muchtime it took for you after writing FL,

Regards,

Pope. for Congressman's address in your area see: www.house.gov
for Senator in your area see: www.senate.gov
For FL : The White House. 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500.

I also sent an e-mail to FBI but did not get response. I did all at the same time in June and my NC was cleared last part of July. I do not know which and how it resulted clearing my NC. But it did.
Basically, I wrote little bit about my background and our immigration process, when name check was initiated, and how name check delay is affecting me/family (my NC has been pending for about 2 years). I enclosed copies recepit notices and resume..

thanks..

I got a background check pending letter from Customer service.. Does this mean I am stuck in the name check process or are there other background checks besides name check?

Is it worth taking an Infopass appointment to enquire more?

I got a background check pending letter from Customer service.. Does this mean I am stuck in the name check process or are there other background checks besides name check?

Is it worth taking an Infopass appointment to enquire more?

dido here. My SR came back as background check pending. It is so hard to find out which of the check is the one pending. Might be FBI NC but it might be internal USCIS check ..... Infopass is like the lottery ... you can get a nice IO or one that won't tell you anything.