spoke to I/O

greynicolls

Registered Users (C)
i asked him where i stand now in the process.........

he said plz hold while i check (i could hear typing in the background)

came back and said i apologize for ignoring u but i am trying to look ur information up........

came back and said "some of ur background checks have come back and some have not, and until all of them come back u r not going n e where, and i do not have the precision to see which ones are pending and which ones are not"

i asked him if he can see that the fbi nc has been cleared or not, and the answer was a polite no i cant see tht......

i thanked him for being very polite and helpful and hung up

Sorry Man. Really hope you and everyone to get out of this NC hole as soon as possible. I can't make a rational analysis why some people who filed in June 07 are getting approved while we struggle with this requirement. Not that I protest the guys getting approved with RD'07s.

I wonder why the name checks are so slow. I think if there is a pending namecheck going on for an extensive period of time we should post the location of the original country of origin. I don't see why these should take this long other than a country not wanting to cooperate with our FBI or just being slow getting back to them.

Or..... maybe the FBI is just slow....

Sorry Man. Really hope you and everyone to get out of this NC hole as soon as possible. I can't make a rational analysis why some people who filed in June 07 are getting approved while we struggle with this requirement. Not that I protest the guys getting approved with RD'07s.

well yeah i am just trying to make sense out of this....tht some checks are back and some are not.....what could be the meaning of that statement....i am leaning towards believing that the internal uscis checks are done but the fbi nc is not complete

the only bright spot is tht i know a few ppl around sep oct nov 2006 who r all waiting so maybe they havent gotten around to us....

trying to stay positive, but its gettin to the point that i have started thinking about callling it a day here n taking up the job offer i have from canada

I guess some of us are luckier than others. My security check took 4 years. I have friends who got their green cards 5-6 months after they started the process. I guess if you have a comman name, you are in trouble.

Well I think many other things than your common name can flag you during NC:
- old visa prior to 1993 when there was only paper records; they will need to contact the US consulate that issued the Visa and retrieve the record
- money transfers above a few thousands $ to your home country

I have a very unique Firstname / Lastname combination but it took 15 months for my NC to clear. Not sure if it helped at the end but here were my actions to try to resolve it:
- wrote to congresswoman (twice) - she forwarded to FBI but never got a reply
- wrote to First Lady in June - got standard reply from FBI "in progress" in July
- wrote to Ombudsman in August because could not get a straigtht answer from USCIS about the name check status

From mid-september on, when I tried to call NSC, the IO (you can tell when you get an IO) always took some time typing before giving me an answer. Just to let me know most of the time that "some of your background checks are pending" or some vague answer like that.

I am now sure that they were just saying so to get rid of me and move on with their life.

When I got the green soon after and I can get on with my life too.

So keep hope and it will come !

Matlab.

Visas

Here is the update

IO says the visas from October is already gone. I got to wait until January again.

Wow! That was quick! I've read from earlier post here who called and was told that they are waiting for Visas from DOS. Now it's gone?:confused:

I suppose the "flavor of the day" from IOs are "Visa gone...again"

Friends,

Off late, this become a lottery of a sort. My background check was cleared by FBI in 2003 (on the same day they received it from USCIS). My PD is June 2002 and I-485 in May 2003.

USCIS is not following any procedures with resepect to the PDs or RDs. That is the wole problem. They tell stories when you call them up. Please look at my thread

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=266308

for more info on my story. I am still pursuing with Ombudsman's office and Congressman's Office. I know that I will get a standard reply that my PD is not current. Still I will be optimistic and try to unearth every possible route.

Wish you all good luck.

Sail1

Info

IO i talked to today said she cannot give any information but would e-mail to some XXX officer to review my case as it is out off processing time.

Looks like any eye wash .....again ...............:rolleyes:

SK
EB2 INDIA
PD-- June 2003
I-140/I-485(Conc Filing) --APR 05
I-140 AD -- SEP 2005
I-485 AD -- Waiting
LUD's -- 6/26/07 To 6/30/07 , 07/25/07 & 07/26/07
EAD/AP --Third --AD--21sep07

Infopass

Today I went to infopass and talked to nice IO. he said everything is cleared including background check. its ready for the approval. but he don't know whats the status. i asked whether my appl. is assinged to an officer he replied he do not have info. Then in my presence, he sent an email to TSC officers for the possible approval.

I hope for the best.
Good Luck and GOD BLESS you all.

Waiting for my I-485 approval...
Spoke to IO , i am told is with officer for review.
Call NSC if no reponse within 30 or 60 days.

01/2004 EB2
I-140/485-> ConCurrent 5/2005, VSC->NSC 07/07 several LUD's waiting for approval with sai blessing.
I-140 AD-> 08/2005
I-485 AD-> ??/??

Pramulreddy,

I just talk to NSC rep and the response is same like security check is pending and she didn't tell any other information.I sent a letter to Senator office 2 months back and didn't get any response till now.I am planning to send an email to FBI .Lets see

EB3 ,India,NSC
Labor PD: Feb 2001
I140 AD :Sep 2005
I485,I131,I765 FD:May 2006
FP :July 2006
AC21:Feb 2007
2nd EAD and AP Renewal AD:Feb 2007.
Name check: Cleared in 2006
I485 Luds:12/28/2006,12/29/2006,06/28/2007,06/29/2007,06/30/2007.
SR Request response(06/19/2007 ):It's in Name check
Contacted Senator(08/15/2007):Waiting for response
I485 AD ??????

local Senator office contact detail

GC_PATIENT or anyone can share the content and procedure how to contact local Senator office.
as per IO I am also stuck in NC and they don't have any clue.