Specific Details Before To Invoke The Ac21

I had an interview with a lawyer yesterday, and please read carefully what did she said: Since you started to work for the company B before your i140 was approved and the i485 wasn't more than 180 days, you cannot be able to invoke AC21 Portabily

Well, she's just plain wrong. If your I-140 is approved and your I-485 has been pending for over 180 days, you can switch jobs and still have the adjustment approved under AC21.

Well, she's just plain wrong. If your I-140 is approved and your I-485 has been pending for over 180 days, you can switch jobs and still have the adjustment approved under AC21.

Yes, but it make me more confuse sometimes;:confused:
I don't know if it's better to still with the sponsor The Company A :they send us the letter of the offer and their last taxes; we have the interview soon, We just want to do this process faster and since the case is at the local office we are thinking if we will invoke AC21 maybe they will send our case back to the NSC; so finally we don't want to complicate more this case so my husband will be with the sponsor for a long period and then he can switch; the lawyer told us that we can invoke AC21 but she will send an email to the supervisor at the local office to confirm if somebody submited the portability what's the next step that they will? So tomorrow if we are lucky maybe the lawyer can tell us which one can be better...still with the sponsor or invoke AC21

Question on AC21, Gurus please help.

I used to work for company A, I filed my LC, and I-140 from Comapny A. I resigned for that company A, and moved to company B. Then the I-140 (of Company A) got approved. Now in Jue 2007 Visa bulletin the PD is current.

Can I file I-485 now, with Company A ? Co . A gives me offer letter.

Can I invoke AC21 (after 180 days of that 485 pending) though I left compnay A much before filing 485 ?

My job is similar in company B.
What are the risks involved .
What documents we need to show the intention of accepting the employement back with company A.
Can I port the PD (July 2002) to another I-140 that is to be filed by Company B even after filing the 485 with Comapny A?

GC CHakkar
PD 2002 July ; Labor approved: Dec 2005
EB3 India
I-140 approved June 2006

yes gcchakkar you can. THE EVL is enough proof that they are offering the employment back.
After 180 days, just invoke ac21 and switch to B

Yes and No

I used to work for company A, I filed my LC, and I-140 from Comapny A. I resigned for that company A, and moved to company B. Then the I-140 (of Company A) got approved. Now in Jue 2007 Visa bulletin the PD is current.

>>>> Yep, you can file I485...but the Company A may ask you to join before filing...If they do not insist on joining but the offer of employment for GC is still open...you can go ahead and file I485 with the offer of employment from Company A

Can I invoke AC21 (after 180 days of that 485 pending) though I left compnay A much before filing 485 ?
>>>>> You can only invoke AC21 if 485 has been pending for 6 months...So, the answer is no...Since you haven't filed I485 now, you cannot invoke AC21 now...

First file I485 and wait for 6 monhts and then you can file AC21 with a similar job offer...

What documents we need to show the intention of accepting the employement back with company A.
Can I port the PD (July 2002) to another I-140 that is to be filed by Company B even after filing the 485 with Comapny A?

>>>>Yep, in fact, if you have the approved I-140 copy from Company A...and your labor is approved with Company B....You can claim the PD is yours and you could even file I-140/485 concurrently with Company B (Option 2) (But, I believe, I140 withdrawal by Company A may complicate this scenario a little bit.....)

GC CHakkar
EB3 India
I-140 approved June 2006
Yes for first....No for second

Last edited by a moderator:
yes gcchakkar you can. THE EVL is enough proof that they are offering the employment back.
After 180 days, just invoke ac21 and switch to B

Thank you techbuyer77. But I left company A last year already.
My question is: If I file 485 now using company A job offer letter, and if the 485 remained pending for 180 days, then at that time can I file AC 21 with the current company B?

Please clarify, also let me know if you have any USCIS memos or some document to support this.

Thank you.

Yes for first....No for second

Thank you banta4gc.

So what you are saying is : I can not file AC 21 now. But can I file AC 21 if the 485 that I am going to file now (with Comp A offer letter), is pending for 180 days, then at that time say in Feb 2008, can I file AC 21 to employer B?

Will it contradicts my original intention to accept job offered by Comp A after the 485 approval ??

Please let me know.

Thank you banta4gc.

So what you are saying is : I can not file AC 21 now. But can I file AC 21 if the 485 that I am going to file now (with Comp A offer letter), is pending for 180 days, then at that time say in Feb 2008, can I file AC 21 to employer B?

Will it contradicts my original intention to accept job offered by Comp A after the 485 approval ??

Please let me know.

No because your INTENT is to work for A AFTER AOS not before.

The key is company A has given you a job offer (to file for I485) and it's been pending for 6 months - that pretty much proves the intent to join......Company A has every right to convey to USCIS that the employee does not intend to join in the first 6 months

I remember, one guy, his company was not willing to provide offer lette rfor filing I485...he just used the Job Offer letter that they gave to him for H1B stamping for India trip....as it had the same job duties....

In fact, 2 years ago, folks used to file I485 without job offer letter....as USCIS was backlogged...by the time they realized that the offer letter is missing and issue an RFE...it would be more than 6 monhts....and folks would respond back with new similar job offer letter for the company they were working then!

GC CHakkar
EB3 India
I-140 approved June 2006
Did you asked to your lawyer? What did they said?
I think you can do with the Company A, but it's better to confirm with the lawyer, Remember tomorrow there a conference with Rajiv, I will too.... Good Luck