• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

South Africa 2014 selectee

ssmsau

We have been selected for further processing for DV 2014 however our number seems to be extremely high to me, although I have made this assumption based on the information I have read on this forum.

2014AF00113xxx

I do admit to being confused by the numbers and allocations for each country. Perhaps someone could clarify how this works. Are the numbers relevant to each country? How do you go about clarifying the number of visas allocated to a particular country such as South Africa?

Thank you

hey ssmsau,i am also from South Africa and my case number is also quite high but i guess we just need to wait and hope that we are given a chance for interview and this will likely happen when africa becomes current probably after july next year.Best of luck and where are you curently? I am in Johannesburg

For more SA-specific information see http://www.sausa.org/ - helpful folk who've been through the process and can give you all sort of advice.

ssmsau, the only potential issue for numbers per country is that no single country can get more than 7% total of the DV visas - SA is too small for this to be a concern -typically the number of DV visas granted per year is only somewhere in the hundreds. The numbers are allocated regionally (Africa) not per country ie there will be SAfricans getting interview notification all the way through the year, dependent on your case number. Both of yours seem quite high (though there has been a SAUSA member in the 90xxx's who got a visa), but also a bit of confusion re the fact that all regions seem to have higher-than-usual numbers this year so not sure if the progression will be similar to previous years or not.

DV lotto selectee 2014

Hi, I have been selected as a selectee for the dv lottery 2014 and submitted our forms to KCC in May 2013. We tracked our forms and a guy called T Campbell signed for them. We have not received anything from the consulate since.

Has anyone heard from KCC with regards to interviews or further processing for the 2014 lottery? We assumed that we will hear something by September/October but it seems it might take longer. If anyone has any information, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi, I have been selected as a selectee for the dv lottery 2014 and submitted our forms to KCC in May 2013. We tracked our forms and a guy called T Campbell signed for them. We have not received anything from the consulate since.

Has anyone heard from KCC with regards to interviews or further processing for the 2014 lottery? We assumed that we will hear something by September/October but it seems it might take longer. If anyone has any information, please let me know.

Thanks.

What's your case number? (Leave out the last 3 digits as xxx eg AF32xxx) - this will help people estimate your interview date.
You won't hear anything from KCC until 6-7 weeks before your interview date, when you'll receive an email telling you the esc page ( where you checked if you won) has been updated - it will have your interview details on it. In the meanwhile, have you followed the steps on the dvselectee page re getting your documents together?

Susie QQQ

Hi there

thanks for the quick response.
CN: 2014AFxx109xxx

We do have our documentation although our police clearance is going to expire at the end of this month.
are you also a selectee or have you gone through the process before?

N

Hi there

thanks for the quick response.
CN: 2014AFxx109xxx

We do have our documentation although our police clearance is going to expire at the end of this month.
are you also a selectee or have you gone through the process before?

N

Hi - was a DV2013 winner.

That's a very high number - if you get interviewed it will probably only be in September. To be honest, if I were you I'd enter DV2015 as a backup too, just in case the numbers cut off this year as many think they will.

You can get a reissue of the police certificate by paying the fee again without needing fingerprints taken within a certain amount of time of expiry - I can't remember the exact details but it should be on the SAPS website. If you time it correctly you should hopefully be able to get one that will be valid through September next year.

Susie QQQ

Hi thank you, so have you immigrated?
i did enter for 2015 but here is hoping for 2014.
Do you know until when they interview? Do they actually take 1 year to process 2014 entrants?

Thanks again for your input,

Regards
N

Hi thank you, so have you immigrated?
i did enter for 2015 but here is hoping for 2014.
Do you know until when they interview? Do they actually take 1 year to process 2014 entrants?

Thanks again for your input,

Regards
N

Hi, I'm between visa issuance and green card activation - will go in December for that.

Yes, they interview all the way till Sept, in order of case number. Are you aware of how the visa bulletin works?

The visa bulletin is your new best friend, but given your high number you will have a very rocky relationship with it over the next months....

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

If you scroll down in the visa bulletin for a particular month, you will find the DV numbers. The bulletin also gives advance notice of DV numbers for the following month. All numbers below the latest listed for your region are "current", which means they will be assigned an interview during that month (assuming the forms have been sent in, which yours have). If a region is listed as "current" that means all numbers are available to be scheduled for interview. Typically you receive your interview notification a few days after the visa bulletin with your number listed as current has been published, which usually works out to be around 6-7 weeks before your interview. At this stage you will book your medical - bear in mind the only two approved physicians in SA are in JNB and CPT so if you live outside one of these metropoles you'll have to make arrangements to travel to get them done.

So you would start following the visa bulletin to see how quickly numbers are progressing, but again your number is very high - I don't believe that has ever been listed before all numbers have become current. For Africa this is usually only in September, excluding DV 2012 when it was earlier; but note that there is no guarantee that all numbers will become current, and they appear to have chosen a lot more selectees this year in order to try ensure the quota is filled. Once they have issued 50000 visas, the program closes for that year and no more interviews take place or visas issued; this hasn't happened for a long time, but may happen this year.

I'd also suggest you browse the SAUSA forums, www.sausa.org, where you'll find more specific info for SA applicants.

Good luck!

SuieQQQ

Hi thanks you, it is all fairly confusing but we will just have to wait and see. do they notify you via email or do you check your status online?

thanks!

Hi thanks you, it is all fairly confusing but we will just have to wait and see. do they notify you via email or do you check your status online?

thanks!

They send you an email that tells you to check the ESC status check site where you then see your appointment details.

at last

Finally I see some southafricains in here hehehehe
Its gonna be a long wait for us guys, since they gave us high CN :( lets keep hoping for the best :) most of us will be current in august september ! Good luck for all ;)

hey ssmsau,i am also from South Africa and my case number is also quite high but i guess we just need to wait and hope that we are given a chance for interview and this will likely happen when africa becomes current probably after july next year.Best of luck and where are you curently? I am in Johannesburg

Hi there

Im also a 2014 selectee awaiting for the interview i reside in Joburg too im sure we can buddy up and keep informing each other on the processes and updates and i see your number is very close to mine hey

S.Africa DV2014 selectee

Hi guys. I am also a 2014 selectee from South Africa. Doesn't seem like there's many of us on this forum. But it will still be great to hear how everyone progresses.

All the best of luck to everyone!!

Hi guys. I am also a 2014 selectee from South Africa. Doesn't seem like there's many of us on this forum. But it will still be great to hear how everyone progresses.

All the best of luck to everyone!!

Sanbonani, dumella, goie naand....
Up to january i traced 24 visas issued in JHG including family memebers ! Seems like we all got high CN in mzanzi :)
Yours is still low !
Good luck

Also make sure you guys all browse the SAUSA forums, lots of good local advice about the process there.