something more about security check

windywd

Registered Users (C)
Due to recent worldwide events and security concerns, the USCIS has initiated security clearance requirements all immigration applications including N400 of who are nationals of or who have visited certain countries. Please be advised that if you are born in or have recently visited one of the countries listed below, your case may be delayed by a security clearance. While the USCIS has not officially released the list of affected countries, the following are reported to require security clearances:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and Yemen. North Korea and Cuba may also be on the list, although U.S. travel to those countries is restricted.
Nationals of one of these countries who are male and between the ages of 16 and 45 are more likely to be subject to a security check. Security clearance may take 20 days or longer.

Cool Stuff -

Thanks for Info, I am from Iran and then My wife is waiting in Turkey for VIsa,
She has been there since last year, And I can not go back to Iran. So I have been always flew to Turkey to see her, like last year I went there for three times.
So every time I go to Turkey they will security check my background? I mean I have I-485 pending. No wonder my case has delyed. when it turnes to me and my case everything get nasty here.
A few days later they may come-up with the conclusion that the contry listed above are not eligible for anything. they will imported to MARS.
GOD knows everything has gotten tied.

But Appreciate your research, atleast I know where am I now.

Regards,

narmobin, These countries are not new in the list. They have been on the list since eterenity...If you are from one of the above countries and try to get a VISA from lets say Canadian embassy..you go through lot of crap. During asylum clearance, you also went through lots of scrutiny if you were from above countries....So don't worry..you can travel to turkey and you are fine.

plus, do not study in biology, nuclear energy, etc. Do not get employed by Boeing, Lockfeller Martin, Intel, etc.

last, which you can do nothing... do not have an English translation of your non English name as "common". That will trigger a lot of "hit"s.

sicker,

I think you might want to consider suing them. Many times we think we stuck in record check (criminal) and name check (possible security threat) and only find out it is due to USCIS's mismanagement.

windywd said:
plus, do not study in biology, nuclear energy, etc. Do not get employed by Boeing, Lockfeller Martin, Intel, etc.

last, which you can do nothing... do not have an English translation of your non English name as "common". That will trigger a lot of "hit"s.

sicker,

I think you might want to consider suing them. Many times we think we stuck in record check (criminal) and name check (possible security threat) and only find out it is due to USCIS's mismanagement.
thanks windwy for the info here. but i do not think i can sue. because according to the uscis website time frame, it still not process the case after March 2000 yet, so i better just wait until it update to Oct 2000, then i will have something that support me.

sicker said:
thanks windwy for the info here. but i do not think i can sue. because according to the uscis website time frame, it still not process the case after March 2000 yet, so i better just wait until it update to Oct 2000, then i will have something that support me.

At this point, try to pust pressure through congressman.... CIS will give you BS about their website which shows Mar2000. But talk to your congressman and tell him that they are already approving 2001 & 2002 cases and that info on website is wrong. You probably have to go through proper channel. First some staff member of Congresman's office will insisit puting inquiry on your behalf. Let him/her do that. Wait for an answer from CIS which would be "oh we are doing Mar 2000 cases". Then insist on meeting with Congressman. Keep repeating that they have already issed GC 's to ND's 2001.

Have you ever seen those Lazy Donkeys in underdeveloped countries which are used for labor. Their owner have to kick and push lazy ASS to move it forward. These CIS SOBS are like that. YOu have to kick them from behind so that they keep on moving. Otherwise they will lie down on the floor and go to sleep.