• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Some Second Package Questions

compoz

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody
my interview will be in the second week of april...
i didnt receive my second package yet,
i want to know what is the contents of the second package?
and if there are any procedures that i can start b4 receiving this package... like for example preparing some required docs. ?:confused:

Thanks

The second package I believe includes info on getting police records, medical records, I-134, etc. etc.

It's necessary to get all of these and then set up an appt for an interview at the consulate.

Prince Alfie, I thought that the interview date at the Consular office is a set date. That we are suppose to organize all other material before that date. Have you already had your medicals done and the interview? Where did you do your CP?

Compoz, Where is your CP? I have my interview scheduled for mid April as well.

Hi Princess07
my interview will be in Riyadh ,Sauidi Arabia
did you receive your second pack.?
i want to know if we could start doing medical tests or getting police certificates b4 the second package received?

To my understanding you should start collecting police reports ASAP. checkout the reciprocity requirement for individual countries u lived for more than 6 months since u were 16 years old. I think this is quite critical to bring all the police certificates to the interview.

Since we are suppose to bring the medical test results as well, my concern is how long does one needs to spend to get the results of the medical exams....

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Alfie, I thought that the interview date at the Consular office is a set date. That we are suppose to organize all other material before that date. Have you already had your medicals done and the interview? Where did you do your CP?

Compoz, Where is your CP? I have my interview scheduled for mid April as well.

My girlfriend is in Tashkent actually (I'm already here in the US all of my life) is undergoing CP or more like AR/AP (administrative processing)...

You can reschedule the date actually and ironically I had shipped out various copies of the I-134 to her which didn't come until after the interview itself. Somewhat frustrating indeed.

The second package is supposedly the medical forms and other paperwork before the interview. My girlfriend received hers about 1 month before she went to the consulate.

Compoz,

I am still waiting for my 2nd package, apperently it was posted to me.... nearly a month ago ...beauty of postal services...

Prince Alfie,
Thanks for your response. how long did your gf's medical examinations took, I mean until she received the results?

Compoz,

I am still waiting for my 2nd package, apperently it was posted to me.... nearly a month ago ...beauty of postal services...

Prince Alfie,
Thanks for your response. how long did your gf's medical examinations took, I mean until she received the results?

Hi Princess,

In my country, it should be minimal 1 week prior to interview date. I suggest you email KCC, said that you haven't received the second package. They'll send you copy of the second package via email attachment.

I received my second package 2 days before interview (due to bad postal service in my country). Fortunately, I've checked with KCC in advance and prepare every needed documents.

Hope this help.

Vania

Compoz,

Prince Alfie,

My girlfriend's examinations took only about a week long, happened about 3 weeks before the interview.

It's more frustrating to deal with the post-interview AP/AR process however. For me I've been feeling rather despondent over just waiting day by day for some result of finality (visa approval) for her. And she is definitely anticipating wanting to be with me soon.

My girlfriend's examinations took only about a week long, happened about 3 weeks before the interview.

It's more frustrating to deal with the post-interview AP/AR process however. For me I've been feeling rather despondent over just waiting day by day for some result of finality (visa approval) for her. And she is definitely anticipating wanting to be with me soon.

Hi Prince Alfie, Good luck to you two... Is this normal to wait a long time after the interview, to get a final on the visa?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Prince Alfie, Good luck to you two... Is this normal to wait a long time after the interview, to get a final on the visa?

That I do not know honestly. In fact, I did consult various immigration lawyers and as a sponsor I feel rather powerless to help her out. I can't even file a mandamus for AP like say a K-1/K-3 visa.

It is very normal to go through AP for a long time particularly depending on which country you live in. I think that Middle Eastern countries are the hardest but a place like Uzbekistan is kinda in the middle so it's tough to tell. I just hope that 3 months will be over soon and she can procure her visa soon.

Psychologically it's tougher for her because this is all confusion to her. However, I feel lots of pain because I understand much of the process and I really have very little leverage to help her before the September deadline. :confused:

Prince Alfie,

Take it a bit cool. What ever there's to happen, will happen. The game is that we do our part to best of our ability. I think she must have done her part well. So you worrying so much wont help her. Try to relax a bit, I know it is not easy.

Do you mean to say she is waiting for back ground check? All this time her passport is at the US Embassy? Why does she has to wait 3 months? i am a bit at a loss here.

Did they ask for here vaccine records & medical history?

Prince Alfie,

Take it a bit cool. What ever there's to happen, will happen. The game is that we do our part to best of our ability. I think she must have done her part well. So you worrying so much wont help her. Try to relax a bit, I know it is not easy.

Do you mean to say she is waiting for back ground check? All this time her passport is at the US Embassy? Why does she has to wait 3 months? i am a bit at a loss here.

Did they ask for here vaccine records & medical history?

Indeed, had a tough weekend since my internet is down at home. And she was somewhat depressed.

They didn't take her passport yet. Just only the papers actually at the embassy (birth certificates, I-134, etc. etc.) I don't know why 3 months honestly that's the grave mystery of it all.

They did ask for a complete vaccine records and medical history as well.

yuo get your shots at the medical exam. So, it's usually cheaper to get them at your regular doctor first.

2nd package contains information about where you'll do your Medical, and informs of the Vaccinations you should have in place, or you most likely will have to have them on that day and pay for them. Also tells you you must a passport 6months valid minimum by date of interview. Those I think are most important you must have in place. Get all other documents mentioned in 1st package in order before then