Some info regarding NBC times.

rockfan76

Hi,
I am a U.S citizen & i got married dec 2004 in India. I am currently back in the US. I understand that i need to fill out the I-130, but someone told me that there are different processing times on the I-130 depending on the catagory of visa being applied for.(That is different times for spouse/children & parents). Is that correct??

Would the time be different if i applied under the Vermont district as opposed to the Nebraska district?

The NBC shows a date of Jan 2002. Is that the current date.?

Also my wife has a B1/B2 visa. Would it be legal if she comes to the US on her visa & i apply for her after she get's here. This would mean that she is overstaying on the B1 visa? If not, can she still travel on the visa even after i apply the I-130 for her?

If someone could help me out that'd be great.

Thanks.

rockfan76 said:
Hi,
I am a U.S citizen & i got married dec 2004 in India. I am currently back in the US. I understand that i need to fill out the I-130, but someone told me that there are different processing times on the I-130 depending on the catagory of visa being applied for.(That is different times for spouse/children & parents). Is that correct??

Would the time be different if i applied under the Vermont district as opposed to the Nebraska district?

The NBC shows a date of Jan 2002. Is that the current date.?

Also my wife has a B1/B2 visa. Would it be legal if she comes to the US on her visa & i apply for her after she get's here. This would mean that she is overstaying on the B1 visa? If not, can she still travel on the visa even after i apply the I-130 for her?

If someone could help me out that'd be great.

Thanks.
The visa number is always current for USC. There are 2 ways to get her here.
I don't have detailed information on it but browse this forum there is a lots of information on it.

Your wife can travel on B1/B2 visa to US. Once she get in to USA, you can apply for her I-130 and AOS (I-485). After filling of AOS she can over stay on B1/B2 visa, for US citizen's spouse over staying on B1/B2 is okay, as long as you already file for AOS.

i-130 approved, how can I TRAVEL to USA??????

Please, can somebody tell me , when myI-130 has been approved-sept.02,2004(i am a wife of an american citizen),what is the way that I can go to USA to be with my husband, since I am still waiting for my GC to be send to croatian consulate?!?!?Can I apply for turist or business visa or..?!?For K3 visa I am not qualified anymore cause I-130 has been approved(immigration says).
THANKS FOR HELP!

GC is never sent to consulates. You get it in the mail once you cross the border with the immigrant visa.