Some comment by my attorney

Lazerthegreat said:
A lot of people confuse forum members by saying that the time your were waiting for as asylee before GC approval counts towards citizenship. For example I filed for adjustment in Oct 2000, so if I get my GC approved in Oct 2005, I Have also completed 5 years of wait time. By that measure I become immediately qualified for naturalization. I know this information is false but some forum members claim that they have talked to attorneys and CIS officers at Nebraska center who gave them info that waiting period while being Asylee counts towards citizenship.
So I was asking you to research some concrete document by CIS which says that ok! this is how long after a GC holder (thru asylum) can apply for naturalization.

Is it clear now?? can you research some document showing that? Plz provide us the link

thanks,

Sorry for jumping in but you can't find anything more clear than N400 application for naturalization ....the starting point is the date on the GC

samoel said:
Sorry for jumping in but you can't find anything more clear than N400 application for naturalization ....the starting point is the date on the GC

yeah you are right.. then they must "refugees" whose dates count. They must get a GC backdated to the day or their arrival not when it is actually issued (usually after 2 years)...

you may have some luck

curious_member said:
Much progress has been made for anyone but asylum applicants. Here are the vivid examples:

1. DV lottery program applicants get adjusted in 1 year. While asylees wait for 10 years.
2. Employment tracking and adjustment is aldo taking place within a months since the last PERM system in place.
3. marriage adjustments have always been under a year.

4. ASYLEES???? USCIS puts them on the back burner. Why? Because they can get away with it!! No other category listed above would tolerate that.

So, why not stop DV lottery program and help adjusting the applications that are currently pending???? IF USCIS is soooooo busy, then there are nemerious ways they can simplify their life (as shown in #4).

I don't realy know how accurate the information here is, but what I understood from the first part is basicaly they are eliminating the DV visas and shifting the numbers to employement based quota.Or something like that.. Read it and tell me what you think... could be nothing of course.

CEIRA eliminates the 50,000 visas from the diversity lottery program and shifts those numbers to the existing employment-based quota. This raises the total annual cap of employment-based immigrant visas from 140,000 to 190,000. CEIRA also recaptures the unused numbers from prior years to provide some temporary relief to the backlog, and redistributes the numbers so that the EB-1 and EB-2 immigrant visa categories get 10% each, EB-3 gets 35%, the new EB-4 (investor) category gets 4%, and the new EB-5 (other workers) category gets 36%.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On July 19, 2005, Representative Tom Tancredo (R-CO), the leading voice on Capitol Hill for immigration restrictions and chairman of the Immigration Reform Caucus, introduced REAL GUEST. The bill creates an "H" visa that eliminates the existing H-1B (including H-1B1), H-1C, H-2A and H-2B categories. REAL GUEST delays its own implementation until 180 days after the Administration certifies that it is in compliance with the enforcement provisions of this bill.

The H visa is only available through consular processing. The H visa worker may only work for 365 days in a two-year period. The employer and employee may not contact each other, but all must apply to and hire from a clearinghouse. Until employment is available, the applicant must remain outside the country, and family members may not join the principal in the U.S. Finally, an employer may not hire an H worker if an American worker can be trained to do the same job within a year.

REAL GUEST does not change the existing employment-based immigration scheme. However, it bars all adjustments of status except for abuse and trafficking victims, informants in criminal investigations (S visa holders), and refugees.

CEIRA stands for Comprehensive Enforcement and Immigration Reform Act of 2005, which was proposed by two senators earlier this year. It is a long long way from passage, if it would be passed at all. Thousands of bills are introduced in Congress every year but a very small percentage pass all the hurdles to become law. CEIRA has not even had a subcommitte hearing, often the first step in the process.

ign82 said:
I don't realy know how accurate the information here is, but what I understood from the first part is basicaly they are eliminating the DV visas and shifting the numbers to employement based quota.Or something like that.. Read it and tell me what you think... could be nothing of course.

CEIRA eliminates the 50,000 visas from the diversity lottery program and shifts those numbers to the existing employment-based quota. This raises the total annual cap of employment-based immigrant visas from 140,000 to 190,000. CEIRA also recaptures the unused numbers from prior years to provide some temporary relief to the backlog, and redistributes the numbers so that the EB-1 and EB-2 immigrant visa categories get 10% each, EB-3 gets 35%, the new EB-4 (investor) category gets 4%, and the new EB-5 (other workers) category gets 36%.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On July 19, 2005, Representative Tom Tancredo (R-CO), the leading voice on Capitol Hill for immigration restrictions and chairman of the Immigration Reform Caucus, introduced REAL GUEST. The bill creates an "H" visa that eliminates the existing H-1B (including H-1B1), H-1C, H-2A and H-2B categories. REAL GUEST delays its own implementation until 180 days after the Administration certifies that it is in compliance with the enforcement provisions of this bill.

The H visa is only available through consular processing. The H visa worker may only work for 365 days in a two-year period. The employer and employee may not contact each other, but all must apply to and hire from a clearinghouse. Until employment is available, the applicant must remain outside the country, and family members may not join the principal in the U.S. Finally, an employer may not hire an H worker if an American worker can be trained to do the same job within a year.

REAL GUEST does not change the existing employment-based immigration scheme. However, it bars all adjustments of status except for abuse and trafficking victims, informants in criminal investigations (S visa holders), and refugees.