Some comment by my attorney

windywd

Registered Users (C)
Ok, that is probably the last comment from him since all of family members got approvals and I feel like he is less and less important in my life. :)

According to their original plan of 10,000 cap, after factoring in the settlement, they plan to approve 2007 cases in 2020. (No kidding, just look at their web.) Now, they plan to be 'current' in 2008, which means they have to approve 150,000 cases in 3 years (from 2005-2008). So, 50,000 cases a year! Really good news for later ND cases.

He is seeing "massive" mailings each day.

windywd said:
Ok, that is probably the last comment from him since all of family members got approvals and I feel like he is less and less important in my life. :)

According to their original plan of 10,000 cap, after factoring in the settlement, they plan to approve 2007 cases in 2020. (No kidding, just look at their web.) Now, they plan to be 'current' in 2008, which means they have to approve 150,000 cases in 3 years (from 2005-2008). So, 50,000 cases a year! Really good news for later ND cases.

Amen!!! :)

windywd said:

Stop drinking the kool-aid. Didn't our beloved USCIS say that by the end of FY 2006, the wait time will be 6 months for all the applications??..I remember some board member saying DOnt worry, we all will be approved by 2006...Ok so now what? now its 2008?....We should all accept the facts that asylees will always be treated like junk and thats how it will be....Talk to me in 2008(I thought 2006 was the goal) and you will still see approval wait time 3 years..

Don't you all get the stupid "aim high go low" approach that most U.S Government agencies go for? You really think in 2008, someone will remember that some low level clerk who had no idea what he was saying... boasting about asylee applications to be current by 2008??

The average wait time for an RTD has been going up(per day) since last 6 months..where is the backlog reduction??....

wantmygcnow said:
Stop drinking the kool-aid. Didn't our beloved USCIS say that by the end of FY 2006, the wait time will be 6 months for all the applications??..I remember some board member saying DOnt worry, we all will be approved by 2006...Ok so now what? now its 2008?....We should all accept the facts that asylees will always be treated like junk and thats how it will be....Talk to me in 2008(I thought 2006 was the goal) and you will still see approval wait time 3 years..

Don't you all get the stupid "aim high go low" approach that most U.S Government agencies go for? You really think in 2008, someone will remember that some low level clerk who had no idea what he was saying... boasting about asylee applications to be current by 2008??

The average wait time for an RTD has been going up(per day) since last 6 months..where is the backlog reduction??....

absolutely correct! This CIS is not scared of anything... Technically there should not be any limits (10K whatever) as per Real ID ACT. President has removed that limit. But is that going to happen...the answer is BIG NO.. I am sure in 2008 , they will come up with another excuse for delaying.

Guys remember, Refugees who DO NOT have any quote, usually get GC's in about 2 years. I know some who have been waiting for 2 years. When everything will be perfect (in CIS sense) the wait time will be 2 years. Dont believe in the bull shit they give you, our "goal" is this and our "goal" is that. Govt. does not have any goals like private business because nobody checks them and they do not have any competition.

The goal of "6 months wait time for all application" is set before cap removal; so I am very encouraged by their goal of "current in 2008" for asylee adjustment cases.

We don't know what will happen in 2007 or 2008 but if anyone here would have predicted back in March that '01 ND would be approved this year before Oct probably would have been banned from the boards.
It all depends how you see things I waited five + years for my GC so I would take that two year wait that refuges get any time I remember years ago I would call that 800 number and keep track of the stupid date that the generic message gave me :eek: and was almost impossible to get thru even for that ...last two years we got email notice online status no cap GC in days or weeks not years...I don't think this is great service but sure is better...
I know how much ppl here been waiting including myself and I'm not trying to pick on anybody but beating up on every good news posted here is not very helpful....

samoel said:
We don't know what will happen in 2007 or 2008 but if anyone here would have predicted back in March that '01 ND would be approved this year before Oct probably would have been banned from the boards.
It all depends how you see things I waited five + years for my GC so I would take that two year wait that refuges get any time I remember years ago I would call that 800 number and keep track of the stupid date that the generic message gave me :eek: and was almost impossible to get thru even for that ...last two years we got email notice online status no cap GC in days or weeks not years...I don't think this is great service but sure is better...
I know how much ppl here been waiting including myself and I'm not trying to pick on anybody but beating up on every good news posted here is not very helpful....

For the past ten years or so all types of adjustment cases (refugee/asylee, employment, family) have taken a LONG Time. This is not something against asylees. The problem has been a combination of INS ineffciency and the lack of resources devoted to the service side of the immigration office.

But MUCH PROGRESS has been made in the past two or three years. Once upon a time it did not take years for the INS to reach a decision on a file. As long as there is not another terrorist attack I am sure they will strive to meet their service goals.

What progress????

Much progress has been made for anyone but asylum applicants. Here are the vivid examples:

1. DV lottery program applicants get adjusted in 1 year. While asylees wait for 10 years.
2. Employment tracking and adjustment is aldo taking place within a months since the last PERM system in place.
3. marriage adjustments have always been under a year.

4. ASYLEES???? USCIS puts them on the back burner. Why? Because they can get away with it!! No other category listed above would tolerate that.

So, why not stop DV lottery program and help adjusting the applications that are currently pending???? IF USCIS is soooooo busy, then there are nemerious ways they can simplify their life (as shown in #4).

thankful said:
For the past ten years or so all types of adjustment cases (refugee/asylee, employment, family) have taken a LONG Time. This is not something against asylees. The problem has been a combination of INS ineffciency and the lack of resources devoted to the service side of the immigration office.

But MUCH PROGRESS has been made in the past two or three years. Once upon a time it did not take years for the INS to reach a decision on a file. As long as there is not another terrorist attack I am sure they will strive to meet their service goals.

The progress you are talking about where INS reached a decision in years was fixed by a LAW. That law in 1996 MADE sure INS either approved or denied somoene in 6 months....

Yes its awesome to have email and stuff but that is no help if you thikn about it. Tell me one person who has gotten help from the 1800 number? CAn they help you? They are like robots, my dead grandma(god rest her soul) can do better than those sickos....

My beef with USCIS is simple and sweet. UPDATE THE FREAKING ADJUSTMENT DATE FOR ASYLEES. WHY? Because they work off that and have all the excuse for that...WHY IS EMPLOYMENT apps being processed in 2004 date range whereas its been 6 months ince the cap was lifted and they haven't even gotten 2000 cleared..that is BULL SHIT!!

Sorry for screaming..had a bad day at work..

A DV application HAS to be processed within a strict time limit or the person loses her eligibility without any relief available. And why should the INS stop the DV program. Congress made the judgment that we need to the dv program to diversity the immigrant population.

Asylees needed to wait for for 10 years because only 10 K people could be appproved per year. Congress abolished that quota in May. If you would not call that progress, then what is progress.

What are you smoking? Employment based applications at the service centers are taking more than one year, often two years to process. Haitian adjustment is taking over FIVE YEARS (and no there is no quota in this program).

In New York City earlier this year it was taking almost THREE YEARS to process a spousal immigration case (again no quota of any kind).

curious_member said:
Much progress has been made for anyone but asylum applicants. Here are the vivid examples:

1. DV lottery program applicants get adjusted in 1 year. While asylees wait for 10 years.
2. Employment tracking and adjustment is aldo taking place within a months since the last PERM system in place.
3. marriage adjustments have always been under a year.

4. ASYLEES???? USCIS puts them on the back burner. Why? Because they can get away with it!! No other category listed above would tolerate that.

So, why not stop DV lottery program and help adjusting the applications that are currently pending???? IF USCIS is soooooo busy, then there are nemerious ways they can simplify their life (as shown in #4).

Last edited by a moderator:
I was not talking about the asylum application processing (I-589s). I was referring to other types of immigration cases where there has been a decrease in processing time compared to that in 2002 or so.

By the way, the asylum change was brough about by a change of REGULATIONS in 1995 which imposed a time limit in processing The law in September 1996 codified that. For ten years the US has enjoyed a very well run asylum system (it was as a result of that success that we have this insane asylum adjustment backlog). If only the rest of INS worked as well as the Asylum Division.

wantmygcnow said:
The progress you are talking about where INS reached a decision in years was fixed by a LAW. That law in 1996 MADE sure INS either approved or denied somoene in 6 months....

Yes its awesome to have email and stuff but that is no help if you thikn about it. Tell me one person who has gotten help from the 1800 number? CAn they help you? They are like robots, my dead grandma(god rest her soul) can do better than those sickos....

My beef with USCIS is simple and sweet. UPDATE THE FREAKING ADJUSTMENT DATE FOR ASYLEES. WHY? Because they work off that and have all the excuse for that...WHY IS EMPLOYMENT apps being processed in 2004 date range whereas its been 6 months ince the cap was lifted and they haven't even gotten 2000 cleared..that is BULL SHIT!!

Sorry for screaming..had a bad day at work..

Last edited by a moderator:
wantmygcnow said:
UPDATE THE FREAKING ADJUSTMENT DATE FOR ASYLEES. WHY? Because they work off that and have all the excuse for that...
The reason that they can't offer the adjustment date because it's already been totally messed up. Like I said in my previous post, it's no longer a First In First Out queue. We already see those ND 01 approvals while ND 00 are still waiting. What kind of adjustment date INS can tell you. And I also have a funny feeling about the recent RFIs to ND 02s. Dec 02 got RFI first, then Aug 02, and then June 02. And I'm still waiting. Are they begin to process the cases in the reverse order now????
To look it positively, we will all be adjusted sooner or later, thanks to the removal of the cap. But it will depend on your luck and not on how early you filed your I-485.

to thanksful - read ON!!!

Thankful,

I am not going to tolerate your behaviour!!! That's rude to make references to smoking something, perhaps there is a more reasonable way to react to postings. If you don;t have enough decency, it's best that you don't post anything at all. Especially when most of people on this thread strongly disagree with you for all obvious reasons. So, take a chill pill and listen what the majority has to say.

curious_member said:
Thankful,

I am not going to tolerate your behaviour!!! That's rude to make references to smoking something, perhaps there is a more reasonable way to react to postings. If you don;t have enough decency, it's best that you don't post anything at all. Especially when most of people on this thread strongly disagree with you for all obvious reasons. So, take a chill pill and listen what the majority has to say.
If anybody needs a chill pill he's got to be you man ...Thankful took apart all your arguments (point 1-4) with facts and actually on the thread we were talking about the process of I485 for asylees not Lottery Emp etc. ...."You're not going to tolerate his behavior".. :confused: what are you talking about ..we're not in school here also you really got to be smoking something if you think when the majority on the thread disagrees one should not be posting

samoel said:
If anybody needs a chill pill he's got to be you man ...Thankful took apart all your arguments (point 1-4) with facts and actually on the thread we were talking about the process of I485 for asylees not Lottery Emp etc. ...."You're not going to tolerate his behavior".. :confused: what are you talking about ..we're not in school here also you really got to be smoking something if you think when the majority on the thread disagrees one should not be posting

Samoel,

He sounds like Shamshon's clone, howling unfounded allegations and knowing nothing about the facts. Stop worrying about him. All he knows to to bitch about the government which has offered protection to millions of people like you and me.

hampton8844 said:
Samoel,

He sounds like Shamshon's clone, howling unfounded allegations and knowing nothing about the facts. Stop worrying about him. All he knows to to bitch about the government which has offered protection to millions of people like you and me.

Yeah there are a few clones popping out here and there (same BS...same fate as the "master")
I checked your sig and was going to ask you about the Big Judge...is He getting thru soon? From what I hear it looks good but I thought maybe you got some "inside" info...

samoel said:
Yeah there are a few clones popping out here and there (same BS...same fate as the "master")
I checked your sig and was going to ask you about the Big Judge...is He getting thru soon? From what I hear it looks good but I thought maybe you got some "inside" info...

Formal Senate hearings will begin on September 6. Even (at least the reasonable) Democrats will tell you privately that based current information his confirmation is very likely. So we are cautiously optimistic.

hampton8844! you seem to have concrete information about various asylum issues. Can you find any document which says that an asylee can file for naturalization after 4 years and 9 months of date on GC? or anything written which shows when a GC holder thru asylum can file for naturalization.

thanks,

Lazerthegreat said:
hampton8844! you seem to have concrete information about various asylum issues. Can you find any document which says that an asylee can file for naturalization after 4 years and 9 months of date on GC? or anything written which shows when a GC holder thru asylum can file for naturalization.

thanks,

I am not sure I understood your question.

A lot of people confuse forum members by saying that the time your were waiting for as asylee before GC approval counts towards citizenship. For example I filed for adjustment in Oct 2000, so if I get my GC approved in Oct 2005, I Have also completed 5 years of wait time. By that measure I become immediately qualified for naturalization. I know this information is false but some forum members claim that they have talked to attorneys and CIS officers at Nebraska center who gave them info that waiting period while being Asylee counts towards citizenship.
So I was asking you to research some concrete document by CIS which says that ok! this is how long after a GC holder (thru asylum) can apply for naturalization.

Is it clear now?? can you research some document showing that? Plz provide us the link

thanks,