Social security number

hi bebesf2000
yeah its very normal they have to verify...
mine took 3 weeks from the first time i went to their offices
i hope, you'll get it very soon

Hi venegreen,
I didnt get the letter yet like you guys did :( I am wondering which state are you in?? I am in CA. Thanks

Hi guys
i never got any letter i went to the ss office twice the first one they say i was not in the system and came back one month later and apparently i was in their system and then took 2 weeks till i got ss card
hope you guys get yours very soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Total 6 weeks??

Hi guys
i never got any letter i went to the ss office twice the first one they say i was not in the system and came back one month later and apparently i was in their system and then took 2 weeks till i got ss card
hope you guys get yours very soon

Hi Venegreen,

Thanks for your reply. But last time you told me total took you 3 weeks from the day you step in the SS office. Now you said it's about 6 weeks? (1 month wait and 2 weeks for the card to arrive ) can you be more detailed? . When you werent in their system , they didnt give you a letter ask you to wait for 4-8 weeks for them to verify??
Also do you mind to share what state are you at?
Thanks a lot

Hi Bebesf2000
you are totally right i'am sorry for the confusion
i went the first time on march 14th and then went again on march 28th this time they told me that i was on the system. they never gave me any letter on the first visit nor the second one . And then i recieved the ss card on april 7th
I hope this helps
keep it posted
by the way i am in tx

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

Hi Bebesf2000
you are totally right i'am sorry for the confusion
i went the first time on march 14th and then went again on march 28th this time they told me that i was on the system. they never gave me any letter on the first visit nor the second one . And then i recieved the ss card on april 7th
I hope this helps
keep it posted
by the way i am in tx

Hi Venegreen,
Thanks for your reply. So total took you around 25 days to get it. mine is almost 1 month :( i wonder if i should go there again but i called the 800#, they said can take up to 6 weeks.
since you are in TX, i think that might be why. CA always slower than other states. I guess too many people. Did you get a letter before you got the card said they are gonna issue u the card?

They gave me a letter

I wnt Wednesday to the Phoenix, AZ office and they gave me a letter saying it takes two weeks. It was very quick for me but took like 30 minutes for my wife because the SSA officer mispelled her name and had to correct it and did not know how to do it. Anyway, we both got at the end letters saying we should get it in two weeks.

were you their system?

I wnt Wednesday to the Phoenix, AZ office and they gave me a letter saying it takes two weeks. It was very quick for me but took like 30 minutes for my wife because the SSA officer mispelled her name and had to correct it and did not know how to do it. Anyway, we both got at the end letters saying we should get it in two weeks.

hi, were you in their system when you first go?
did the letter say they need to verify the place who issue your GC?
sounds like CA definitely take longer .
your input will be appreciated. thanks

I guess

I guess I was because the letter says I will get the card. It does not mention any additional verification. I went there almost 6 weeks after getting my GC so I assume my information was already in their system.

Got SSN cards yesterday

I got both cards for me and my wife yesterday. One more thing to check off the list.

If I have already had SSN before the GC, will I keep the same number after the GC, but a new card without the "invalid to work" annotation on it?

SSN-Related Issues

This is a useful forum. I hope people will continue to post forever helping a large number of people in the GC process.

I will applying for my I-1485/EAD next week.

If I have already had SSN before the GC, will I keep the same number after the GC, but a new card without the "invalid to work" annotation on it?

Hi Gurus, I thought you receive the SSN card automatically, because you have applied for it on your DS230 forms. Do you have to apply again in person at the SS Office?:confused:

do we have to bring the old SS card to the office? Anything else should I bring ? Thanks guys