So I called USCIS today

egragjevi

Registered Users (C)
I have a pending I485 based on asylum since 2003. Sept 2006, my application has been transfered to Chicago Asylum office. Called the office many times, wrote many times, called USCIS many times, hired a lawyer and still there is no answer why my application has been transfered to the Asylum office. The lawyer has my case is under background investigation but no specifics. Today, talked to an immigration officer and he told me my case is NOT stuck at background check or name check, there is no information whatsoever about my application online. When I told that to my lawyer, she says maybe is being investigated for fraud.
Has anyone gone through this? If this case is being investigated for fraud, so be it. But does anyone know how long this investigation can last? It looks like a have been waiting for ever. I just want some answers on my case...good or bad, so I can deal with them.
Do you think I would get more information if I request an infopass appointment. My lawyer tells me is a waisted time. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Contact your local congressman office... they will be able to get the real and exact reason of why your case i being delayed.

How long can investigation last? It can last forever.

An INFOPASS appointment is unlikely to do you any good at this point.

You have the following options:

Ask for Congressional help;

Ask USCIS Washington to look into this; or

Sue the USCIS in court.

How long can an investigation last? It can last forever.

An INFOPASS appointment is unlikely to do you any good at this point.

You have the following options:

Ask for Congressional help;

Ask USCIS Washington to look into this; or

Sue the USCIS in court.

i too have an i 485 pending based on asylum granted more than 1 year ago..
i have filled an i 589 nunc pro tunc as i was told to by uscis.. , and On July 12, 2007 i got the letter saying my case was transfered to an asylum office in VA...
since than havent heard of anything ... just been renewing my Employment card...
and been hoping for the best..

i 485 filed mid 2006

so good luck and keep us posted .. i will do the same

Thanks for your replies.
I have contacted my congressman.....no answer yet.
I have filled out a DHS 9001 or something like that. They told me I will have an answer in 45 days. Nothing yet, they are working on the second 45 days.
What is nunc pro tunc...I am primary applicant.
Last time I contacted congressman was last august. Called them back to check on them in sept 07 and oct 07. They did not any news. Should I contact them again?
Thanks again for your replies.