so disappointed

naina123

Registered Users (C)
Just got a call from the Senators office that my citizenship was declined. They did not have a reason.

It is 75days and I have not got any notice from the USCIS. The website still shows status as testing and interview. How does one get to know the actual reason for being declined.

The only thing which felt good was that the Senators office replied in a day with a response from USCIS.

I have no clue as to the reasons and when I can reapply. Needless to say it is extremely disappointing.

Just got a call from the Senators office that my citizenship was declined. They did not have a reason.

It is 75days and I have not got any notice from the USCIS. The website still shows status as testing and interview. How does one get to know the actual reason for being declined.

The only thing which felt good was that the Senators office replied in a day with a response from USCIS.

I have no clue as to the reasons and when I can reapply. Needless to say it is extremely disappointing.

Is your application based on marriage to US citizen?

I think the USCIS will mail you their decision and hopefully a reason for not approving you at this time. Hopefully it's something that can be resolved.

re

it was an application based on my employment based GC which i got 5 years ago. Also, it is 75days since my interview.

THe USCIS website is not yet updated with the decision, which I think was taken long ago. So I am not sure how to get them to send me a letter explaining the reasons. Is it possible to meet the IO who made the decision to get the reasons?

Sorry to hear that. But you must have some idea for the reason of denial? Did you ever perceive that there was a possibility of denial? How did your interview go?

the interview went exceptionally well and the lady was really nice. i did have extensive travel but she never asked any questions and mentioned when the second afile arrives they would make a decision. will wait to get some kind of notice now.

When you say extensive travel, what do you mean? Did you go for longer than 6 months at a time? what was the total days you were out of the US during the 5 year period?

They've become extremely serious, at least in New York City, about continuous residency. Extended trip, especially back to back, with no family ties (I mean your spouse and children, not parents) will get you declined.

When you say extensive travel, what do you mean? Did you go for longer than 6 months at a time? what was the total days you were out of the US during the 5 year period?

From previous threads, I recall her having one 6+ month trip in 2007, and two trips back to back in 2009.

Several issues with your case:

1) In previous post you indicated you were out of US for 975 days during the last 5 years counting from March 2010, thereby making you ineligible right off the bat.

2) You left US in Sept 2008, returned in June 2009, left 10 days later in June 2009 and returned in March 2010 to file. Yet you had insufficient US residency ties during that time.

3) You once again left US in June 2010 and had set up mail forwarding with USPS. However, USPS does not forward mail marked "Return service requested"

My bet is that USCIS may have already sent the denial letter, but it was returned since you had mail forwarding set up. You clearly weren't eligible to apply in the first place with 975 days outside the US, so why did you apply? Did your lawyer tell you it was OK?

it was an application based on my employment based GC which i got 5 years ago. Also, it is 75days since my interview.

THe USCIS website is not yet updated with the decision, which I think was taken long ago. So I am not sure how to get them to send me a letter explaining the reasons. Is it possible to meet the IO who made the decision to get the reasons?

No, it is not possible to meet with the IO who did the interview to reason with you about denying the N400 application. By your own accounts in previous thread, you really like to travel and live anywhere except Uncle Sam. The summary Bob did about your case proves that you were ineligible to apply for naturalization, you lacked sufficient ties to the US, you live abroad and trying to naturalize by proxy won't work. Staying in the US for 10 days after 8 months abroad won't cut it with USCIS.

You could have avoided the disappointed by being a US resident or lacking extensive travel which you seem to enjoy. Unfortunately, you will have to wait a while to apply, assuming you stop your foreign escapades which might put on the brink of having your LPR status question one day by CBP. Apparently, the lady and the interview were nice in your view, but your file didn't provide the nice face the IO expected after leaving your presence to delve into it in more detail. In this case, I think USCIS wasn't swinging a dead cat in vain...lol!!!

ok I finally got the mail forward on Friday and the reasons mentioned were physical presence. I do not leave the country on pleasure but work for a global company with work taking me in and out several times. Moderators, are there cases where the GC has been revoked once the US citizenship is rejected?

It is unlikely they will revoke your GC. Why would they do that?
If they do so, it will likely come with a prior warning.

ok I finally got the mail forward on Friday and the reasons mentioned were physical presence. I do not leave the country on pleasure but work for a global company with work taking me in and out several times. Moderators, are there cases where the GC has been revoked once the US citizenship is rejected?
An NTA (notice to appear) can be sent out after the interview if anything serious was discovered during naturalization process. However, this is usually reserved for deportable offenses like certain criminal convictions.

You never answered why you applied when you clearly didn't have enough physical presence to begin with. Did your lawyer advise you to apply anyways?

bobsmyth - my lawyer had mentioned you could take a chance so I took the chance. definitely regret it badly when it was a simple case of waiting 3 more months. no I do not have any sort of criminal proceedings or any tickets whatsoever. what is your advise on the corrective steps I should take and the earliest at which I should apply for citizenship. I have made up for the missing 96days already after I applied but have been advised on the forum to wait till I can show a better number than required.

Also, most important the fact that I mention I work for a global company and have to make many work related trips- Is that a problem? Do I need to now change my job ?

legally, you do not need to wait if you have 913 days. however, please check your calculations. just because you stay in US 96 days does not imply that you gain 96 days ... you might have just balanced out the presence around the beginning of the 5 year period. your other post indicated you were still abroad, so factor that also in. the question simply would be - at the time of filing would you have 913 days in the immediately preceding 5 year period?