• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

sloner axiom :)

Simon, You have not answered my question?:confused: Your registration was in February 2013, and suddenly you won the DV14. It's a strange coincidence.

It isn't strange Sloner and I have explained that before. I know you like to see conspiracy and dishonesty where there is none - but that is not typical behaviour in my country.

I applied for an H1-B visa for the April 2013 intake (that was a lottery also) - that visa eventually was granted. In February 2013 I joined the forum and posted a question about the H1 process - my post did not get a reply.

I see you joined in August 2013 - and yet you have not been selected. Hmmmmm that is a strange coincidence.

I know what I about to said is crazy and I did mentioned it before in this forum and I think most of the folks read it do not even want to bother to shoot me down with such as crazy thinking. I think DV14 is going to have at least 65k visa available, yes 65k and not 55k or 50k. Why? Based on the law it should be only 50k - 55k annual limit. So where this additional 10k-15k visa come from? What I suspect is that, they will take 15k unused visa in DV12 and put it into DV14. The law stated that we cannot use more than 50k-55k annual limit per year but it didn't mentioned that you cannot carriage forward the unused visa. Moreover, in DV12 is their faults in the first place. Is a win-win approach if they can fulfilled the 65k in DV14, they get additional 15k visa fees and more selectees will get their visas. But until now, the progress is suggesting the opposite. I hope this crazy crazy ideas come true then we will see all regions going current in DV14.

Thanks Rayme for your concise explanation,

I know what I about to said is crazy and I did mentioned it before in this forum and I think most of the folks read it do not even want to bother to shoot me down with such as crazy thinking. I think DV14 is going to have at least 65k visa available, yes 65k and not 55k or 50k. Why? Based on the law it should be only 50k - 55k annual limit. So where this additional 10k-15k visa come from? What I suspect is that, they will take 15k unused visa in DV12 and put it into DV14. The law stated that we cannot use more than 50k-55k annual limit per year but it didn't mentioned that you cannot carriage forward the unused visa. Moreover, in DV12 is their faults in the first place. Is a win-win approach if they can fulfilled the 65k in DV14, they get additional 15k visa fees and more selectees will get their visas. But until now, the progress is suggesting the opposite. I hope this crazy crazy ideas come true then we will see all regions going current in DV14.

Actually, as far as I know the law does state somewhere that visas allotted for a particular FY are available for that FY only. This prevents them being carried into another year. I think I have seen a USCIS faq to that effect too, will see if I can find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't strange Sloner and I have explained that before. I know you like to see conspiracy and dishonesty where there is none - but that is not typical behaviour in my country.

I applied for an H1-B visa for the April 2013 intake (that was a lottery also) - that visa eventually was granted. In February 2013 I joined the forum and posted a question about the H1 process - my post did not get a reply.

I see you joined in August 2013 - and yet you have not been selected. Hmmmmm that is a strange coincidence.
I hope it's true. I used to read the forum. Riddle KFC fueled interest.

:D:D:D

I used to go to this club. But it was not great.
That for the direction of music? Direction ... ahahhahaha

Regional maximums in rank numbers and per country maximums (breaks in CDF functions) for special countries for DV-2013 [20] [21] [22]

RegionRegional Max Rank NumberCountryRank Number of the Break in CDF for the Country
Africa97005Egypt22899
Africa97005Ethiopia32913
Africa97005Ghana30538
Africa97005Nigeria19977
Africa97005All Countries other than Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria97005
Asia10682All Countries10682
Europe30532Ukraine14682
Europe30532Uzbekistan19864
Europe30532All Countries other than Ukraine and Uzbekistan30532
North America8Bahamas8
Oceania1638All Countries1638
South and Central America and the Caribbean1252All Countries1252

Skywalker;
Check you will see ethiopia maxed up at 32xxx but for last dv ! But this year i see on ethiopian thread cns up to 88xxx ? Thanks