SIN card and health card application

sonu_kumar

Registered Users (C)
Dear All

I need information/experience about the SIN and Health cards. After landing and getting the PR card, we would like to come back to Europe for some time. Shall I apply the SIN card and health card after my landing time (It will take three months to get these cards) or we can apply later on. What are advantages/disadvantages to apply SIN & Health cards at Landing time or after some time.

Other question is if I apply for SIN and Health Cards right after my Landing and physically I am not living in Canada, I have to pay income tax (other taxes) to keep these SIN & Health cards.

Thanks for the information and looking forward to hear from you people.

Regards

I lived in Ontario only and I know that if you leave Ontario for a period of six months or more, you lose your OHIP. You re-qualify 3 months after moving back. So there is no point in applying for health coverage until you move to Canada for good.

Dear Bigboy00

I did not get your answer, I should not apply for SIN and Health cards or I donot have to pay taxes.

Dear Bigboy00

I did not get your answer, I should not apply for SIN and Health cards or I donot have to pay taxes.

This is what I meant:

You do not have to pay taxes just because you have a SIN card and the health card. In other words, if you do not live in Canada, do not have any cdn source income and do not have any ties with Canada (and just have a SIN and health cards), you are a NR for the tax purpose and hence are not required to pay any cdn taxes.