Significance of FingerPrinting Notice

looney_scorpio

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
This is my first time post. I have received my finger printing notice for 08/09. I was wondering what stage or significance does this indicate? I mean, the finger printing stage. Does it mean my I-485 AOS application is in a final stage? How soon can I expect a decision on AOS?

Here are my details:
EB3 Category
I-485 AOS RD 06/12/2007; ND 07/13/2007;
EAD I-767 Approval Update 08/02
Finger Printing Appt Date 08/09/2007

Thanks
looney_scorpio

Where is your case being processed, Texas or Nebraska?
My RD and ND are close to yours, I'm trying to guestimate my approval times.

Re: FP Notice

My case is being processed in Texas Service center. I got an update on EAD case status on 08/02 that my EAD has been approved and Approval Notice has been sent. Prior to this update I got another update that the EAD has been sent to Production or something like that.

Do you mean your EAD is approved on 08/2/2007???
OR its just Notice date for I-765 form???

Hi All,
This is my first time post. I have received my finger printing notice for 08/09. I was wondering what stage or significance does this indicate? I mean, the finger printing stage. Does it mean my I-485 AOS application is in a final stage? How soon can I expect a decision on AOS?

Here are my details:
EB3 Category

Thanks
looney_scorpio

Hi All,

Here are my details:
EB3 Category

Thanks
looney_scorpio

What is your PD? PD still plays a very important role to get you out of this GC hell.

BTW, FP is a very early stage of the AOS and it normally requires a few more months (6+) to get approved (if your PD is current by then).

But, I suspect, CIS is taking a different approach to approving some OLDER PD cases even though they received the application in the recent months becaz I see some get approved very quickly like 2-4 months of time.

looney_scorpio ,

Did you get you EAD card approved even before you had your fingerprint done?

EAD before and Without FInger Print Info

looney_scorpio ,

Did you get you EAD card approved even before you had your fingerprint done?

Yes u r right. I did get my EAD card before I got my FP appt. My FP appt was on 08/09 and I got my EAD approved on 08/01. My Priority Date is 11/2002
EAD card said FP info not available.
Also, my AP also got approved on 08/09

So, what do you think this whole scenario means??

My PD is 11/2002. Also refer to next thread for more info.
Is the USCIS going bythe PD or the applications as they receive??

Looney_scorpio,

My priority dates and approval dates are around the same time as yours. I also got my EAD approved and received the card. There is RFE notice on my advance parole document.

Did your I485 application status change after your fingerprinting? I have seen messages where the status changes same day or within few days of fingerprinting.

I went for my fingerprinting done on 08/10, called FBI next week and she confirmed that the prints were sent to immigration on 08/10 (she didn't give me any more information) ... but my I485 online status has still not changed:(

What does this mean? Does it mean that fingerprinting was not successful? Any pointers?

I-131 RD 06/04/07 RFE 08/08/07
I-485 RD 06/04/07 FP3 08/10/07

What is the process?

Is there a link which explain the whole process after filling I485?

I understand from reading the posts on this forum that after filling you wait for
1. Receipt notice for 485
2. FP notice
3. Name check clearance
4. ED approval

What else?

After reading several posts I understand now that there are no set steps for the whole process but can someone explain how does or should it work?

Thanks.