Signature on Citizenship Certificate

My wife and I took our oath today and got our NC's. We had an interesting situation; because of where my wife is from there has always been confusion about first, middle and last names. Ever since we have been here we have been using her name as X Y Z in all official forms (X-first, Y-Middle and Z-Last) because that's how here native country passport is though all her school records indicate X Y (we had to go thru hoops to get her name to be accepted as X Y Z for the original passport application - some idiot friend of her brother did the passport application and messed up). She however has been signing as X Y (in cursive) because that's how here native passport was signed originally and we have been maintaing that consistently. So she signed the photo in the NC and the NC as X Y.

After our oath we went to the SSA office to change our citizenship status. The woman at the SSA was refusing to accept our application because she did not sign in full i.e. she wanted the certificate to be signed as X Y Z. We tried explaining to her that signature does not have to be exactly as the name but she just would not listen. She had a real bad temperament and attitude, she was yelling at everybody and just wouldn't be nice at all, she was like "I don't want to argue with you, if you are not going to listen I will have to make you leave the office yada yada yada". Now not wanting the signature on NC to be inconsistent with the one on photo we refused to change the signature on the NC. She said she was going to make a note about the signature and that if the application is denied (which she said will happen most likely) we have to go to immigration services (All of this after 2 hours of waiting - we went there together and took two tickets, I was called into an area that was away from the main window because they were swamped and other people in the office jumped in to help. So while I was gone my wife was called and since I had the backpack that had all the papers, she let this woman know that she was going to walk over to where I was and get the papers, but she sent her back (again in real loud voice) saying she was not going to wait and had to take a new ticket which cost another hour :mad:)

Now the question are there any issues with this situation? Would the SSA application be denied and do we have to go back to USCIS to fix the signature? In the event the SSA application is denied how do we get them to accept the NC? We are going to apply for our passport tomorrow and I believe the original NC has to be submitted. Boy, just when we thought it was all over another headache:confused:

Thanks cafeconleche, I hope there are no issues. This woman was indeed outright rude and mean, she was just screaming at everybody and being uptight. My wife literally broke into tears with the way this woman was behaving. She spoilt the good mood we were in after our oath.

You dont need to worry. I signed my certificate just like my photo. My signature does not have any resemblance to either part of my first middle or last name . I was concerned that my passport application might not go through, but it was no problem at all.

So just sign certificate the way you signed the photo. SSA and State Dept should not have any issue with it.

Thanks Murad AbdulRehman, that's comforting and good to know. I just don't want more issues after all these years of waiting and pain.

Yup I was also told to verify the information on my NC AFTER the oath and advised to do the signature the way we sign for our credit/debit and ID cards.