Signature card necessary￾H

tangonta

Registered Users (C)
I recently filed I-765 with I-485. I asked about Signature card to my lawyer. Lawyer said it is not necessary. Is it true? How can INS print my signature on my EAD card? I am very worry now.

Can I apply EAD without Advance Parol!!!!!!!!!

I applied I485 in Sep 2001, I have done my finger printing in February. Just recently my 180 days completed. Can I apply EAD to local office at Newark, New Jersey? Is it necessary to apply for AP with EAD or I can only apply EAD. I need EAD to look for new job. My current employer or company is facing very severe hardships and may close or file bankruptcy.

Which INS office, the local one or the centre

My lawyer did not send my signatur card to INS, I am waiting for the result.
MD 14/02/02
RD 15/02/02
No receipt yet.

EAD and AP are different documents and signature card is not a must...

EAD and AP are different documents with different purposes. But once you start using EAD for any future travel (even during an emergency) you need AP to come back in. So you will be better off to apply AP also at the same time. Generally District offices will entertain walk in AP and EAD (some need a prior mailed app to the service center). You can always apply on your own. See the ins site for details about I765 application.

Signature card is not an absolute requirement. If you do not send the signature card, your EAD will come with the note that fingerprint not available (signature will be taken from the application). But to feel comfortable you can send one. Many local INS run out of stock and you can add a letter that your local INS does not have signature cards.