Should she extend her 1 month tourist visa?

machelon

Registered Users (C)
Hi all:
My causin came here 2 years ago on a tourist visa and she gave birth to a baby during her stay. I know she never intended to come here only to have her baby, there were other circumstances. Anyways, after the delivery she immediately went back left the country within the 6 month period that she had on her I-94. So she never stayed illegally even one day.
Now she came back again to help her parents, who recently became LPRs, to aclimate to their new life in the US. But at the port of entry, the Imm. officer gave her only 1 month on her I-94 and wrote NO COS (No change of Status), NO NES (No extend of status). The reasons why the officer wrote that was maybe because he did not like it that she had the baby here while being a tourist.
She would REALLY like to, and she almost has to, stay for a couple of months longer.

Can she send a petition to extend the tourist visa? if its denied...at least she stays a few more weeks/months.

OR

If she leaves the US before the 1 month, what are the chances of her entering in the future as a tourist?
(she still has a few years on her 10 year visa)

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator: