Should I use paper clip to include my photo with N-400?

chirag11

Registered Users (C)
Hello

Quick question, I am filing N-400. I have written my name and A# behind the photos. Now how should I attach them? Should I just leave them loose in the packet (probably bad idea)?? Or should I use a paper clip and attach it to teh application? I assume I should not staple them.

I went through the guide for naturalization and it does not specify anywhere - it just says to include two photos.

Thanks!!

I had put my photos into a small white envelope and then used a paper clip to attach it to my application form.

I understand your situation. I don't think they like staples in general. Some people talk about some fasteners. I think I just submitted my pictures in the little folder they usually give you at the photo store and I put some clear tape around to make sure the pictures wouldn't fall off during transit. I would also think that putting them in a small sandwich "zip lock" bag might work. Don't worry too much about the pictures, make sure you go to the interview with a couple of extra pictures just in case. It is a very minor thing in the whole process.

Put them in an envelope or other enclosure and paper clip the envelope to the application. Also take some spare photos to the interview. Apparently they sometimes get lost and having spares with you prevents the IO from delaying the decision on your case.

I just threw everything in the envelope loose. So far so good. Application received and going for fingerprints next week